Lowest prices for your stay
USD 454
eDreamsUSD 453
ZenHotels.com
Booking.comUSD 453
1,596 results
All reviews linen sheets leading hotels of the world public areas are piazza maggiore walk in closet wonderful hotel beautiful room central location star hotel the heart of the city junior suite main piazza large bathroom beautiful city breakfast room train station pasta
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Just spend 2 days at this wonderful hotel. Our deluxe room was large, had a separate seating area, walk in closet, terrace and wonderful bath with separate shower and large tub. The hotel was located within a short walk of everything you would want to see and do in the heart of Bologna. The staff was very attentive and was happy to help us organizing things during our stay. If we find ourselves in Bologna again, we would stay at this great hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikecnyc
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for the preference you had for the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna.

I am really glad to read you appreciated our deluxe room and bathroom with all the modern facilities. Thank you for your positive comment about the central location which allows our guests to have the most important city sightseeings in a very short walking distance.
I will share your positive feedback with every member of our staff who every day works with passion, commitment and professionalism to let our guests have a great experience.

We really hope to welcome you again at our property,

best regards.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in the middle of a trip to Florence
Perhaps unfortunately we arrived when the temperatures had soared and humidity was touching 90%
We had chosen this hotel as it is the only 5* hotel in Bologna
The location is very good, a few minutes walk from the two towers the main square and basilica
The entrance from the street is disappointing, a small opening in the middle of some shops. That said the reception is very grand with a beautiful sweeping staircase and open landings with sofas and lots of antiques
Unfortunately that is where it ended for us
We had booked a deluxe room but for a 5 star hotel it was anything but. We had booked 4 hotels for this trip, all of them 5 star, but the Baglioni was a real disappointment and nothing like the standard of the others
The room was very small, there was nowhere to sit other than on the bed and the room was overpowered by huge built in wardrobes making the atmosphere very claustrophobic
It just felt old and tired, not shabby chic just shabby
A small window looked out over an inner roof however it was quiet which helped as on the second night we had to have the window open
And that was the biggest problem with this hotel, the lack of effective air conditioning
When we first arrived it was clear the room was too hot, on our way out we asked that it be checked as we thought we were not using the control correctly. We were told that they would investigate but because of the high temperatures the power was not enough to meet demand
On our return it was no better and we were told nothing could be done, we didn't open the window that night as it would have made the air conditioning even less effective
The result, the worst nights sleep ever!!!
The second night we insisted on a fan and opened the window which made things slightly more bearable
For a 5 star hotel in a city where high temperatures and humidity happen each year this was totally unacceptable. The lack of space and air conditioning making the whole experience unpleasant and we couldn't wait to leave

There were some positives however
The staff were great, the concierges really helpful in booking restaurants for us. They were very apologetic about the air conditioning situation and did what they could in providing fans
Our waitress at breakfast was brilliant, providing ideas of places to visit and directions and showing us the roman road and explaining the history.

That said this may be the best hotel in Bologna but it is certainly not 5 star and how ever good the staff were it didn't make up for the other ussues

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for the preference you had for the Grand hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for sharing your experience with us.

I am really sorry to read your were disappointed about your stay due to the hot temperature and the humidity. Due to the weather, unfortunally, the air conditioning stystem had a slowing down. All of us worked for trying to solve the matter as soon as possible and I can confirm you we are working to guarantee an improvement of the general system.

With great displeasure, I read you did not appreciate the room you have been assigned but, with reference to it, please, would you be so kind to remind we are always at our guests' completely disposal to change the room, upon availability.

Please, feel free to contact me directly to my e-mail address (tiberio.biondi@duetorrihotels.com) and I will be more than glad to offer you my greatest assistance.

I really hope to welcome you again to let you try our real true value,

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Grand Majestic Gia Baglioni Team,

Thank you for making our short stay in Bologna Magical! I read other reviews and cannot agree with all. In Bologna , that is a wonderful city, no one will find a better place to stay. Walking distance from all interesting sites and great restaurant. A place where so many legends stayed , including monarchs and idols like Airton SENA and Pele. Although it was very warm in Bologna the staff got us in a suite with good air conditioner . But corridors of the hotel were in fact warm. Suite was just remarkable with beautiful well conserved historic furniture and updated facilities. I have only good things to say about this hotel. My stay was great. Hotel has a wonderful team and amazing rooms and the concierge Paulo is highly qualified professional. He provided us with good tips for walking and restaurants, but the restaurant of the hotel is of great value for the wonderful quality food provided.

We will return. I had a memorable stay ar Grand Hotel Majestic. Highly recommend if you plan to go to Bologna. I am 17 years member of Leading Hotels of the World and can definitely say this hotel has style, quality and great Staff.

Congrats to you Majestic to your team!

Congrats Mr. TIBERIO BIONDI, general manager. You are doing a great job!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the preference you had for the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a real pleasure to read you appreciated our property and our attention. Thank you so much for such a positive review.

I am really glad to read you had a pleasant stay at our establishment and most of all you were satisfied of our services.
Thank you so much for the positive comment you wrote about me, I am honoured to have read it.

I really hope to have you again as our estemeed guest,

My best regards.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed here for a long weekend and really loved this hotel. Our room was tastefully decorated in cream colors and the huge, luxurious bathroom featured marble cladding. Finest linen bedclothes were the icing on the cake.

Whereas breakfast can sometimes be disappointing in italian hotels (no matter how many stars they might have) it was just fabulous in this place. Great coffee, too!

All staff members were delivering gracious, obliging and natural service - I wish every hotel had staff like this one.

If you are looking for luxury, I absolutely recommend this place!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vauka

Dear guest,

let me thank you for the preference you had for the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for sharing your experience with us.

It is a real pleasure to read you enjoyed a long weekend at our property and you really loved our hotel.
Thank you for the positive comment you had for the decoration of our room. I am really glad also to read you appreciated our linen sheets and thank you so much for the positive feedback about our buffet breakfast proposal.

Thank you so much for our staff and for the appreciation words you spent about us; I will share your positive feedback with every member of our staff who every day works with passion, commitment and professionalism.

We really hope to welcome you again to the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni",

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights and had a classic room that could only be described as claustrophobic in the extreme-the hotel air conditioning had broken down and I can honestly say I have never experienced a night like it- terrible - the second night we demanded a fan which they provided . The hotel itself is sandwiched in between the shops on via independencia the Main Street and great location to get around -the hotel recommended a local restaurant to eat which was the worst ever -real tourist trap and when we asked for a reservation at a Michelin star restaurant-they tried to put us off by saying 50% of people did not like it which turned out to be a historic memorable restaurant of quality and service-certainly felt their recommendation was biased - just glad we researched il portico out ourselves.
Breakfast buffet was basic and the bar area had pictures of celebrities who had stayed there. Would not go again as did not feel 5 star. Staff friendly but hotel had chaotic feel to it

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the interest you have for the Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” in Bologna and for sharing your experience with us.

I am really sorry to read you did not appreciated the room you have been assigned. As you can know, different rooms categories are available and our staff are always more than happy to meet our guests need and expectations to let our guests be satisfied.
With reference to the comment you wrote about the air conditioning system, I am really sorry to know you had to face an unpleasant matter due to a fast climate condition changes. The air conditioning system worked well but due to the hottest temperatures, which arrived suddenly, there was a slowing down of the system. I take the chance to kindly let you know we are working to improve and make our climate system better and better in order to face also to the most hardest climate conditions.
We did our best to let our guests have a pleasant stay and I am really sorry to know you experienced an inconvenience which made you disappointed.

I am really sorry also to read you did not enjoy our central location in the main street of Bologna; we are located just few minutes from the most important city sightseeing so our guests can easily reach them by walking.
With reference to the suggestion received, please, feel free to contact me directly at our e-mail address (tiberio.biondi@duetorrihotels.com) to let our
Thank you for the comment about our breakfast proposals; every feedback we receive is always taken into highly consideration to improve our offers.

I really hope to welcome you again to the Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” to let you show our true deluxe service,