“Everything good but...”
Review of A Balus

A Balus
Reserve with
A Balus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,090 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: USD 17 - USD 80
Description: Typical cuisine, from the arcade of the city to the villages of our mountains, ranging from the great classics of Bolognese culinary history, strictly to the rule of art, to the strong dishes of the Mountain tradition, between game, mushrooms and truffles. Events, parties, receptions or simply pleasant evenings. Home made, hand made, heart made. Just 100% Bologna's food.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a work dinner with a menu, so we did not decide what to have and unfortunately nothing local or typical reached our table.
What we got was good and fresh, actually it could be anywhere in Italy. So I will try it late as the atmosphere is really fancy, personnel is prepared and we really enjoyed it.
Probably we expected local food, but I cannot complain for anything as dinner was really good.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a superbly decoated and unique restaurant. It's unique in that it offer two mnus - one for the city and one for the mountain. his area f italy is known for it's hunting and this restaurant celebrates that by have a menu featuring wild game. You can get wild boar, venison and mushrooms from the the field. If you want, you can mix and match from both menus. The sommelier recommended a great local red wine to go with or beef and wild boar. This is a place to sample when in Bologna.

1  Thank Peripatetic_Engineer
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended restaurant which is a must to visit while you are in Bologna. Selection of dishes is perfect for any taste, great choice of wines, delicious food & pleasant atmosphere. We liked food so much that came back after 2 days. Booking of a table is recommended.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

i would have to say the pasta is really good, very chewy, it is different then I ever had. Bolognese pasta, meat is really good, if you try this restaurant and you would find the big difference of what I mean chewy pasta. Service is good, polite and fast. Recommended restaurant in Boglona for sure I will come again.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My wife and I were lucky enough to eat at this excellent restaurant on our last evening. After our disasterous experience at I Carracci two evenings before, we were skeptical of the glowing reviews this restaurant has received on TripAdvisor. However the food was delicious. From the minute we walked through the door the staff were very attentive and welcoming and worked hard to make sure we were comfortable with the menu. We chose well. The tagliatelle with wild boar was simply excellent. The venison dish was delcious. My wife chose the wild boar as a main and it was so good I ordered after eating my main course of venison. A truly memorable evening and it was a pity we were leaving Bologna next morning. Will definitely return.