“Lively restaurant with a mix of locals and tourists”
Review of Da Silvio

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed 16 May 2017

We were recommended this place by a friend who lives locally. He also suggested that we request they take off all the pre-laid antipasti on the table as this limits your choice later when ordering and is also something which diners are charged for later.
The owner was friendly and offered us some suggestions on wine and also sliced the cakes and desserts for us at the table. It was a fun place but the food was average to good at best. Service was better than the food. It was also really really busy so book in advance

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We've been to Da Silvio in january 2017, I've been adviced to go the hungry and it was a wise choice. As you sit at the table, the waiter will start bring the antipasti, smth like 7 different ones, but you have to know that they aren't for free, so if you don't want to the antipasti, mention it to them. After the antipasti we took pasta, very good ones, but there was no more room for the secondo piatto. Unfortunately. If possible try to make some space for the dessert, basically they will give you to try everything they have, more than 7 options i think. After this will be the coffee and a digestive, well deserved.
We paid around 85 euros in 2, including a bottle of wine. I would say reasonable for what we got. Book a table in advance if you are going there for dinner. The menu is a fixed one from what i've understood, they don't change it, but i don't see it as a problem if you go there for eating local cuisine. If you are looking for fine dining this is not the place. Overall, it was a good experience.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a small restaurant in Bologna where only the locals would know . The food was out standing , Very nice place with local ingredients . They were very helpful and knew how to please the customers .I went with a business group and they new this was a very nice place to be .
You must take you time because every serving needs to be enjoyed . Bologna has some of the best foods in Italy and I ate in all of the main cities ,so far, this was the best place to be . I have there business card and will take it with me for next time .

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Went for dinner on a recommendation, The meal was a fixed price (60 euro) and included all drinks including prosecco, desert wine, limoncello, grappa as well as wine. The food was sensational, loads of starters followed by a pasta course then the mains. For desert, it seemed like the entire contents of a desert trolley had been placed on our table, some fantastic dishes but the homemade ice cream really stood out.

1  Thank Ewan M
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I arrived without a booking and was given a table rather quickly. I was the only non Italian which was nice. Good cold cuts, ok risotto and excellent pasta filled with butter and pumpkin. I especially appreciated the fact that they had an organic red from Bologna (even if the price was ridiculously expensive: 30 euros).
You can see the cooks in the kitchen which is always nice. I would go back just for the atmosphere and the fact that this place looks and makes you feel very private.