“Very good”

Price range: USD 25 - USD 33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Simply local welcoming and familiar atmosphere. local cusine with daily menu. wide selection of italian wines.
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I have been there twice, it's close to the city centre, very good and tasty food, nice place, warm and friendly. Nice personnel and typical dishes to try. Recommended

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Ate here at recommendation of hotel. Food was ok but unmemorable, particularly dessert. Standout dish pasta filled with aubergine and tomato. Excellent choice of wines with the owner very knowledgeable and able to match a wine to go with our food. 3* for food but an extra star for service plus great value (€40 for 2 people)

Reviewed 17 October 2014

We went for lunch and were warmly welcomed into this wine cellar. There is wine covering most of the walls. No written wine list but the titolare will guide you along the walls explaining which wines are good with what you might be eating and their characteristics and where they come from. We picked a very local wine and it was delicious. My sweetie drinks Prosecco (which was also maybe the finest we've had) so I only made it through half the bottle of red wine so our host kept if there for us until tomorrow's lunch. (which was also delicious). Go in with a smile and have a good time. The menu is on a blackboard so bring your glasses if you need them.

Reviewed 20 September 2014

We come to Campobasso once a year and after checking the reviews on trip advisor ,decided to pay a visit. The restaurant is intimate ,cosy and off the main road.My Italian isn't that great so I struggled to translate some of the dishes as they weren't the run of the mill dishes that you usually find in Italian restaurants in England....but that's my fault.The portions were enormous,my son had antipasto and in England would have been more than enough for two people.We really enjoyed the food.It was typical food from Molise-my Mother-in-law used to make her stuffed aubergines the exact same way.The owner was friendly and helpful and we had a very pleasant evening.The bill for four of us came to 113 euros for 3 courses each plus desserts for two and coffee for three ,one bottle of good wine and three bottles of water. We had to be practically rolled out at the end of the evening.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great hidden gem in Campobasso…
Great location and welcoming friendly owners
We have been going to Campobasso all of my life and never enjoyed a restaurant as much as this, good food menu and the dishes were excellent and larger than expected portion sizes!
The highlight of this restaurant is the wine recommendations made by the owner, we had regional wines and each one was excellent
Excellent value for money and I will be returning, worth a visit

1  Thank Lou7300