“Wonderful flat, awesome location, but lock your...”
other travellers have booked this property
Floor Plan Living Room
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 4
Bathroom 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jesse N
Minnetrista, Minnesota
“Wonderful flat, awesome location, but lock your doors”
Reviewed 25 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We booked online through Massimo Marini for Flatinrome Trastevere 6. Massimo was very friendly and answered all of my questions in a timely fashion. He was very easy to deal with and the whole reservation process was very uncumbersome. Massimo arranged for us to have a private transfer from the airport to the apartment, and we arrived early in the day, so he allowed us to store our luggage in the apartment while we went out and began our Roman adventures. The apartment itself was perfect for our party of 14 (2 Grandparents, and 2 families with Mom, Dad and 4 kids each (age 19, 16, 15, 14, 14, 12, 10, 8). There were four private bedrooms and then two large futons in the living area. We left the futons open all of the time and it was still possible to navigate around the room and kitchen table. The location was fantastic—easy to get to public transportation, wonderful restaurants in the Trastevere neighborhood. Washer (no dryer), but clothesline outside the bathroom window. Full kitchen with dishwasher, range, microwave and fridge. The price was very reasonable and we thought it was perfect.
ALL OF THAT BEING SAID. . . on the last night we were staying there, we came home to find that the apartment had been ransacked. Every single suitcase and bag had been gone through, opened up and left to lay spread out. We were only missing one small child’s electronic and they had great opportunity to take many more items. They tried to get into the safe, but failed (we could see paint chips on the floor around the safe. We figured they were looking for cash, which we did not have. We have been racking our brains trying to figure out what we could have done differently. We have come up with the following:
That day we did some laundry and left the windows open drying he laundry on the outside clothesline and hanging in front of the open windows (on the inside). When we left for the day, we left the windows open, and since it was the third floor, we didn’t think anything of it. However, upon closer inspection when we returned, we noticed a couple places where it may have been possible to enter through windows from the roof on the backside, where it was less visible (the back opens up to a center courtyard). All of the other days, we had the windows closed all day while we were gone. But, they were apparently there quite a while since they went through EVERYTHING.
The only other possibility we’ve come up with is that the protocol for the apartment is that it is opened with a key card and the key card is stored in the lockbox outside of the front door. Perhaps someone knows the code for the lockbox and let themselves in. This seems like the less likely option because the keycard also turns the lights on in the apartment (which is very clever) and when we came home, both electrical boxes on the wall inside the apartment were open, making it look like they were trying to turn the lights on. Either way, I would suggest taking the key card with you during the day instead of leaving it in the box on the wall.
I have trepidations about adding all of this negative on the review because overall we loved the location, the price, the apartment itself and dealing with Massimo. We called Massimo as soon as we got home that evening, and he was shocked and upset about the situation as well. I would definitely recommend staying in this apartment, but I would suggest 1) Lock all windows when you leave 2) Take the key card with you when you leave 3) Leave nothing of value outside of the safe (passports, money, jewelry).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and ability to house 14 people easily
Liked least: Insecure feeling that last night
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
16 Aug 2015
Thank you Jesse for this review. You are right: I was shocked. This was the first time ever in every of my apartments. But unfortunately we live in a big city and this is to consider. I always worn my guests about gipsies, pickpockets and other annoyances. The situation improved in the last years, but still you need to pay attention. That is why in all my apartments is always at my guest’s free disposal a safe box. Also, I made some consideration and I think that nobody could get from the door using the card: first of all we use a different security code for each guest for the external safe where we store the entry card, Second, if the thief had the card, he did not need to play with the breakers, but just insert the card in the slot. I hope you had a great sty despite of this facts and I hope to see you again in one of my apartments
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing