“Not fortunate”

Da Fortunato al Pantheon
Reserve with
Da Fortunato al Pantheon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,143 of 13,526 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: USD 58 - USD 88
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The meal was such a disappointment. After half the meal was over, we realized that we were shivering because the outside heating was not working, this was only surpassed by the uncooked pasta I was served. After a brief tustle, I convinced ...'convinced', the waitress that it was not aldente, but uncooked. My husband's veal was like a piece of wood, dry, no flavor, Milanese, is a flavorful dish often served with a wedge of lemon. There was absolutely nothing to this dish. The disjointed staff tried to be accommodating with multiple people asking us for our order. The cheese cake made of ricotta was delightful, and the only thing that we enjoyed about our experience. You can't come to a European city and have a bad meal...or can you?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I had lunch here earlier this week. Initially we opted for an outdoor table however an alarm from a nearby house was constantly ringing and we had to change our table and head indoors. The staff although not entirely happy still accommodated our request. The ambience inside is wonderful - and after the initial issue, the staff were extremely courteous and professional throughout the service. The food was excellent, in my case I had the tuna tartar which was served on a layer of avocado and dressed with fish eggs, sea salt and citrus - the balance of flavour was just right. My wife had the Roman style artichoke which I tasted and was also delicious. For mains we had a plate of pasta with artichokes, pancetta and lots of pecorino romano and pepper - it was divine!
We opted to have wine by the glass and too the sommelier's recommendation and the sicilian chardonnay paired perfectly with our food.
Its not cheap but the experience is worth it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We enjoyed a lovely dinner with our party of 8. The wait staff was attentive and the food was very good. We also enjoyed the atmosphere and location. After dinner we were able to stroll around the Pantheon on a nice evening. Definitely recommend this nice ristorante.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

As we were staying in the area, we decided to eat here based on TA reviews. Although my family enjoyed the restaurant, I found the service to be extremely slow (more focused on a nearby table of 8) & the food was overpriced for the quality. A bit of a tourist trap being located near the Pantheon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We ate here on three occasions with our family of five. Large menu of great variety. Very good selection of wines. The spageti Milanese although a starter was large and with the best tomato sauce I have experienced.
Their Sauvignon blanc is particularly good
The elderly patron is a character who speaks excellent English as he worked for several years in the US.