All reviews fourth floor free phone santa maria maggiore great location free tea and coffee termini station hotel occupies beautiful church city view residential building trevi fountain mini bar comfortable bed tiny elevator small hotel via cavour pastries
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This is a fabulous mid-range, modern hotel that is within easy walking distance of Roma Termini railway station and well situated for the Colosseum. It's a bit of a walk to some of the other sights such as the Spanish Steps but, nevertheless, it's straightforward. I would say, as well, that the location feels generally safe and, because the hotel is on the fourth floor of the building, and accessed by a small lift, security feels good.

Our room was compact, but comfortable, with complimentary soft drinks from the mini bar and free telephone calls from the room. Soundproofing was good too with no noise. Very impressive! Breakfast was great and there was free tea and coffee throughout the day from the self service machine near the reception, even though there was a hospitality tray in the room.

Staff were so helpful but particular mention needs to be made of Rustam who was the consummate professional and could not do enough to help. Rustam helped us book our return bus transfer from Termini back to Ciampino airport and even printed off directions to the correct bus departure stand which proved to be invaluable, as the bus had temporarily moved from its usual pick up point. Rustam ensured that our stay was perfect and I cannot over praise the service that we received from him. Overall, we had a faultless stay and I think for anybody wanting a top quality, mid-priced hotel, Princeps Boutique Hotel takes some beating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan A
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This hotel was within walking distance of the train station and was very clean! The breakfast is fantastic--- there is not a bar in this hotel which is okay as there are quite a few restaurants around it! The concierge was incredibly helpful with the train schedule and recommendations for what to see.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017

My wife and I were in Rome last September and it was an amazing experience! Incredible city! Also the Hotel was very good, perfect service and cool building. A lot of additional services such as free WIFI and international free calls. Very friendly and professional staff. Definitely a place to recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I chose this hotel because we wanted to be close to the Colosseum as we knew the area, and it also was close enough to the Termini train station to walk. I was not let down. It worked out very well. Breakfast was good, although served a bit later than posted sometimes, but it did not effect us as all. Some people mentioned the train "rumble" felt, but it was a total non-issue in my opinion. I'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank boysx42011
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Staff were great. Gave us maps and offered umbrellas in case of rain. Breakfast had hot and cold options , with a good selection. Room had a city view with a sofa and frig. Very nice , very clean. They have a small left.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple