“Ci ritornerò sicuramente”
Review of Hostaria da Nerone

Hostaria da Nerone
Ranked #2,458 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Consigliatomi da un amico , cliente abituale. Provato il 3 Gennaio e tornatoci il 6 perchè ne vale veramente la pena. Piccola osteria , semplice , di quelle in cui ti senti subito a tua agio. Cucina tipica Romana , ingredienti freschi e di stagione. Cucina a vista , pulitissima. Rapporto qualità/prezzo molto buono.

1  Thank Waldisney
There are newer reviews for Hostaria da Nerone

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I wanted to find a nice, simple Italian restaurant that locals go to and that wasn't expensive. I think this fit the bill. It is up a hill from the Colosseum. It is well worth the walk. A small place that doesn't have fancy decor, but the owners are so nice and incredibly thoughtful. They have an antipasto bar with all kinds of strange (to me) selections on it. The pasta is homemade by "Mama" and it was wonderful. When we finished our meal, the son gave the 3 of us free shots of Lemoncello!! I always had wanted to try it and there it was!! It is much stronger than I thought it would be. We had such an enjoyable time at the Nerone (so named because it is so close to where Nero lived) that I would suggest it to anyone and it was not expensive at all. Probably our cheapest meal of the whole trip.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

The carbonara here is the best! We have eaten in a few cafes over our week long stay in Italy and all the pasta in the other places pale in comparison to the ones we have ordered here. I would also highly recommend spaghetti alle vongole, whatever they used to cook the sauce smelled so heavenly.

Not only the food was great, the service was even better. The waitress who served us spoke Italian to me and despite not speaking the language, I could somehow 'understand' her. It could be because of her gesture and how she was smiling all the time. I have read about how some restaurants here dont make tourists feel as welcomed as the locals - not this one! The atmostphere was friendly and welcoming, in spite of us being the only asian foreigner there.

At the end, we paid 39 euros which we thought was reasonable for such a hearty and satisfying meal. The waiter even gave us a postcard at the end. Lovely! Would recommend this to anyone and everyone! :)

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Excellent food, service and atmosphere.

Fresh, quality Italian dishes. If you are expecting American-style, over-spiced Italian food this is not the restaurant for you. If you want fresh, made that day, perfectly seasoned authentic Italian food you must not miss this restaurant.

Very friendly service - we were warmly greeted and received attentive and caring service.

Reasonably priced. Expect to spend about 25-40 Euro depending on how hungry you are. Make reservations (we had our hotel concierge call for us) - it is a small, cozy restaurant and fills up fast. Obviously it is a favorite of the locals as well as tourists.

1  Thank MandaLynne62
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Four of us went for a light dinner of pasta. Each of us got a different pasta dish. All of them were great. The Spaghetti Carbonara was to die for. It is made with guanciale (pig cheek) which makes it all the better!! When I come back to Rome I will be sure to dine here again. Be sure to end you meal with a glass of their Limoncello it is fantastic!