“Fabulous apartment, helpful owner”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge Lounge
Bathroom
Shower
Bathroom
From the balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
KaHaBe
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous apartment, helpful owner”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in October. Clean, bright and spacious apartment in a nice residential area. Tram stop to city centre just 5 mins walk away as is food store. Tram to centre takes about 10 mins. Great apartment to come back to after a long days sightseeing. much better than a hotel room!
Federico the owner could not have been more helpful. He was there to greet us and explain where everything was. He provides a very useful info pack with top tips and also warned us of bus to avoid as tourists are targeted by pickpockets. Knowing one of us was gluten free he provided some gluten free food in welcome pack and had even checked if local store stocked gluten free food (it does). So kind and helpful. Thanks Federico!
I'd have no hesitation in staying at the apartment again. If you're wondering about staying don't, just book. You won't regret it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, space and very helpful owner
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
19 Nov 2015
Ka, many thanks for your review.. I do try to make my guests at ease... I'm also trying to give some tips that can make the stay easier and hassle free. I have to thank you for the impeccable status of the apartment ....
I hope to have you and Ally again in Roma.
Finbarr M
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and spacious base to explore Rome.”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I don't often review properties but thought this apartment and Frederico merit a special mention.
The booking process is simple and communication excellent. Frederico arranged transfers for us to be collected from the airport Ciampino (40 Euro e/w). With 2 children (14 and 10) and after an early morning flight I was happy with this. The journey took approximately 1 hour at 1030, however only 20 minutes on the way back at 0700 on a Saturday morning!
On arrival Frederico was there to greet us and ran through the details of the apartment, travel in Rome and other specific queries we had. He is welcoming and has a great manner about him. The apartment is well furnished, secure, welcoming and the kitchen is well stocked with utensils as well as a welcoming pack. Bus stop is outside and Tram stop nearby. We used trams, buses, trains, metro and taxi on our trip!
One helpful tip when in Rome is to get a ATAC transport map from a tabac. Four transport tickets and a map is 7 euro, effectively a euro for the transport map. We found this invaluable and easy to navigate. Almost all sites are very easy to walk to once in the centre of Rome, although remember Rome is built on several hills which are not clear on any map!
There are several restaurants, shops etc near by. We found some fantastic restaurants near Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere, get off the tram before crossing the bridge, which are very reasonable, friendly and absolutely buzzing with life. Being able then to relax in the Piazza's watching the street entertainment was an absolute joy.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this apartment and I thank Frederico for his help and patience with us. It's not right beside the Trevi fountain, Vatican or Colleseum which in no way should be a concern. On our second day we left at 0645 to return at 0030 with no transport issues!

Liked best: WElcome.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
19 Oct 2015
A very nice family... a pleasure hosting you all ! I think that your comments could be of invaluable help to future guests. I'm happy that you liked the place and that you enjoyed your stay in Roma. I'd love to see you again. Many many thanks for your nice comments.
Samara B
“Lovely apartment”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

As a first time visitor to Rome we couldn't have picked a better place to stay this September. We travelled with our 18month old son who adored the spacious and sunny apartment, which had every necessity needed for our stay.

Federico is a dedicated and warm host, he really does think of everything. He welcomed us with detailed information packs, metro passes and a breakfast pack, which was greatly appreciated. As it has been noted by others he really did go above and beyond the expected in helping us out with any sticky situations, even purchasing adaptor plugs for us which we had forgotten at home.

As noted the apartment is a few minutes away from the tram, which is very regular so never a long wait. Venturing to attractions was at times hard and tiring with our young son but it was always a pleasure to get back and rest in the lovely apartment. Federico also allowed us to depart late which was very helpful as my son could have his afternoon nap before our flight.

Please note pavements of Roma are not pram friendly but nonetheless we found it helpful having a pram, still less tiring than carrying our son everywhere.

Definitely recommended from us.

Liked best: Apartment
Liked least: no lift
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Sep 2015
It is always a pleasure welcoming a nice young family with a lovely miniature man. Definitely guests that every owner would like to see again. Communications have been excellent before and through their stay. On leaving, the apartment has been left in a perfect state . Should they decide to come back to Rome again, I can only hope that they would select again my place.
VelDanny
Dallas, Texas
“Magnificient Apartment and Host 10+++++”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My husband and I rented this apartment from Federico based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. Needless to say everything surpassed our expectations.

The apartment is fully furnished, spacious and beautiful. The pictures do not do the apartment justice. The apartment has spacious windows that can be fully opened and nice balcony. There is no need for air conditioning. A beautiful Rome breeze and the pedestal fans were all that were needed.

Our host Federico went far and beyond that of a normal host. He made the arrangements from and to the airport in Rome. Met us personally and explained everything. He had a folder showing bus lines and free Wi-fi connection numbers and other information we would find helpful. He also provided with the survival kit (cookies, bread, cereal, milk, eggs and yogurt) and also 2 bus passes to get us started.

We did not want to be in the center of the tourist hot spots. The apartment is only 15 minutes away from all the tourist sights in Rome. Tram #8 is across the street from the apartment will take you to the center of Rome and from there you can bus or walk to all the popular tourist destinations. Tram #8 will also bring back to the apartment.

The neighborhood is secure, quiet and withing a walking distance of a couple blocks to everything you need with out the crowds of tourists. There are food markets, convenience stores, tobacco shops and restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

On a side note, our daughter who decided to travel to Rome for her honeymoon was stuck at the airport with her new husband, we asked Federico for help and he made arrangements within 5 minutes to have them picked up at the airport and transported to their apartment Service beyond expectations!!

If you plan to visit Rome, please consider this apartment and the host Federico, Our trip was made more enjoyable because of him. We did not need to worry for anything.

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
17 Sep 2015
Many, many thanks for your comments. I can only say that it has been a pleasure to host such an elegant, nice and witty couple. I try to do my best to be a step ahead of guests' request, hence the information package.... I have to say that I learn a lot from interfacing with them. It was also a pleasure to be able to help their daughter with transfer. I truly hope to be able to meet them again in Roma or in Texas.
ElenainSG
Singapore
“Better than the pictures!”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I stayed in the Kandinsky House apartment for 4 days with my husband, my 4 years-old daughter and my sister in July 2015. We had selected it because of the location (very convenient for us as close to my relatives) and taking into account the favourable reviews, although the pictures illustrating the announcement on tripadvisor did not seem to be outstanding.
The first positive feature was during the reservation / confirmation / payment period: the owner was extremely helpful and proactive. In addition to all the necessary logistic information, he took the initiative of asking us about what we coud find useful for our little daughter in order to make our stay more confortable.
When we finally arrived at the apartment, we could confirm that our initial positive impression was correct: the owner provided us with a lot of information and left in the apartment what he called "first day kit" (fresh milk, yogurt, juice, eggs, bread, cereals, jam, butter, biscuits, water, ...).
The apartment, located on the 2nd floor (without lift) is very confortable, spacious, fully equipped and, in my opinion, much better decorated than what it looks like in the pictures.
As the weather was extremely hot in Rome (40 degrees C), 3 fans were available to cool down the air. I think that air conditioning would have been appreciated, but we did not have problems in sleeping.
I think that the apartment is great for families with children and for friends.
Nevertheless, I would not recommend it to the following categories:
- disabled travelers and older travelers, due to the absence of a lift,
- very light sleepers, due to the relatively frequent transit of ambulances to the San Camillo hospital: it should be noted however that the noise is barely audible if the windows are closed.
Overall, an extremely nice apartment, a great stay and excellent client service.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Equipment, client service, decoration
Liked least: Lack of air conditioning
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
25 Jul 2015
Elena, thank you very much for having found enough time to write such an extensive and nice review. I agree that this year , with the heat wave we have experienced, air conditioning would have helped. I'm considering to retrofit the apartment whit it. I'm happy that you found useful the "first day survival kit". I believe it makes the first approach to town more easy for people unfamiliar with the neighboroud (not your case...). I would really like to have again guests like you and your family. No guests before have left the apartment in such an impeccable condition. Thanks again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing