“Great Staff”

Auditorium di Mecenate
Ranked #401 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the Auditorium di Mecenate for three nights from 8th March. The B&B is like nothing we have stayed in before and was a wonderful experience. It is in a good location with easy access to the metro (for Vatican City & St Peters) and the Colloseum and Roman Forum are within easy walking distance. The accommodation is small and basic, but very clean and tidy. The breakfast brought to your room is a nice idea (particularly if like me you struggle to get out of bed in the morning). However, the thing that makes this place so special is the staff. I am usually a control freak when it comes to planning, but after reading the reviews I decided to see what information would be provided by the staff. They were fantastic, giving detailed explanations of what to see, the best time to visit attractions and how to get there etc etc etc. Nothing was too much trouble and it almost felt like you were part of a big family.

2  Thank sunflowerBristol

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at the Auditorium with my wife for four days and it was the perfect choice. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Of course the hotel is basic but our room was big and clean. Close to Colosseum (only 10 min walk).

Reviewed 28 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My family stayed here in August 2011.The hotel kept in contact with us by email to see if we wanted double/single bed.also they sent us directions for each airport to get to the hotel and they ended up hiring a cab for us for a few €'s more!!!very close to everything and the staff were very helpfull.We are planning to go back again this year!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shopaholic36
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Auditorium di Mecenate for four days and it was a fantastic choice. The B&B was in a good place to get to all the places to visit and close to the train station and metro. The rooms were clean and the team bring you breakfast in bed every morning! They gave us a map and gave us great tips on what to see and how to get there. They also gave us a list of all the best places to eat which was really helpful.

I celebrated my 30th birthday whilst in Rome and the team at Auditorium di Mecenate couldn't have done enough to help my husband arrangeda number of surprises. They arranged for my favourite flowers to be in our room on arrival, then put champagne and strawberries out for our return later that day and booked us a table at the most gorgeous restaurant. They also gave me a birthday cake in the morning!

My husband and I would thoroughly recommend this B&B, you couldn't find a better place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com