USD 229
USD 219
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 383/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
USD 128
USD 116
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 163/night.

Condotti Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
USD 148
USD 101
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 157/night.

USD 313
USD 231
USD 217
Official Site
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 324/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
USD 271
USD 220
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 357/night.

Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
USD 489
USD 439
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsottaviano metro stationfew minutes walkvatican citybed and breakfaststay there againclaudiopiazzanoisecappuccinoluggage
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

Good points

- cheap , clean and very close to Vatican
- metro stop ottaviano or lepanto both within 10 mn walking distance

Bad points

- very noisy if you open the window
- coffee/tea + 1 pastry in a nearby bar for breakfast
- they don't have the sens of hospitality

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2014

Is a very tiny Hotel VERY close to Vatican City. They gave us one apartment they had around 8 blocks away but our friends stayed at the hotel and they loved it.
There's a whole bunch of different restaurants within the same area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were looking for a nice place to stay some days in Rome with our two little children. Close to the Vatican, clean and not too much expensive. With Residenza Risorgimento we reached all our goals!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am sadly disappointed by some of the disparaging reviews that I am reading here. I stayed in this hotel along with my 15-year-old son for 5 nights in April, 2014 and found it to be lovely. Before starting this review, I called my son into the room to ask what he would say about this hotel, and he said, "Mom, it was perfect!", and then went on to enumerate the same positives that I was thinking.

Upon arriving at midnight, I was a little taken aback to be delivered by my driver to an unmarked building. There was an intercom system on the door, and we were "buzzed up". Upon entering the building, we found a flight of stairs, a great old lift, and more doors with no directions to the hotel. We climbed 6 flights of stairs and found a door with the hotel name on the top floor. This was the only imperfection that I found the whole week!! Otherwise, we found the hotel very accommodating for the price.

The rooms were not overly spacious but they were very comfortable. Each room was decorated with brightly-colored reproduction paintings, and the rooms were very clean. My son and I both found the beds to be very comfortable and we slept very well. I saw that someone complained about noise from the Piazza below, but we only heard noise when our windows were opened. I was amazed at how well the windows and blinds blocked out the noise and lights when closed. They had refrigerators stocked with reasonably priced drinks. There were only 6 rooms and we never heard anything from our neighbors. As for the macerating toilets that others complain of here....I wonder if perhaps there are new toilets? We did not hear any unusual noises from the toilets nor did we notice any untoward odors. The rooms were always fresh, and were cleaned soon after our departure each day. We got fresh linens (even over the weekend-another negative comment left by someone).

The location was superb!! We were no more than a 5 minute walk from the Vatican entrance or the St. Peter's Basilica entrance. As others have pointed out, we were also 5 min from the Metro station and 30 min from the Coliseum and Forum, if you are so-inclined to walk!

Finally, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "creepy" or "stalkerish" about the staff. They were wonderful, friendly and accommodating. As for the sign to please pay cash for the room...it was explained that the city of Rome charges a 40% tax on credit card transactions, so I would ask for cash as well!!!! The gentleman explained that all Roman businesses prefer cash for this reason.

I will definitely stay here again should I ever return to Rome!!

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms, so the "hotel" is very cozy:)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tanya B
Reviewed 31 October 2013

So the location is good, if you want to be near the Vatican (though you're not actually all that close to the entrance to the museums or to St. Peter's Square, as the busy, noisy piazza Risorgimento is pretty much exactly in between the two). Room was very cramped, walls entirely covered in giant reproductions of loud pre-Raphaelite paintings. If you want giant nude men flexing over your headboard, this is the place for you. TV did not work till my last day, despite repeated requests for a fix. Had to ask for wifi password (there was nothing to indicate there even *was* wifi). Breakfast is a coupon for a caffe and cornetto at the bar in the next block. Which was actually quite good, and run by friendly proprietors, but you pretty much have to be out of the building and on your way before you can have anything to eat. Walls were paper thin; I had to move the bed to the middle of the room and download a white noise app (thank goodness for wifi!) to make it through one night because I could hear the guy in the next room snoring at top volume. Oh, and the bed was not three feet from the incredible MACERATING TOILET, which makes an insane din as it chews up your waste after every flush and also turns on to do some extra chewing at random moments in the middle of the night. I mean at top volume. Kind of gross if you begin to think about it. But worst of all was the shiftiness of the guy on the desk -- I booked via an Italian booking service and paid the deposit by credit card, but there's a little sign at the desk saying they impose a FIVE PERCENT fee if you want to pay the rest of your bill by credit card! I had made up my mind to swallow the fee when, on top of that, he insisted on having the 2 euro per night room tax and mini bar fees paid in cash. And when I handed him 20 euros, he didn't have change! Insisted on coming down to the bar with me to break the bill and get his money. And even then he gave me a messed up receipt that didn't reflect what I'd paid. Idiotic. Made checkout stressful and frankly, a bit stalkerish.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business