“Good for Backpapers”

Residenza Risorgimento
Ranked #1,653 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 December 2014

very small room with poor facilities, without table,chairs and the Beds have old, over-used matrass.
Shower cabin enough large and high for thinny and short people.
Breakfast : NO Comment! Just a coffee and one pastry.

Room Tip: triple room
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Good points

- cheap , clean and very close to Vatican
- metro stop ottaviano or lepanto both within 10 mn walking distance

Bad points

- very noisy if you open the window
- coffee/tea + 1 pastry in a nearby bar for breakfast
- they don't have the sens of hospitality

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2014

Is a very tiny Hotel VERY close to Vatican City. They gave us one apartment they had around 8 blocks away but our friends stayed at the hotel and they loved it.
There's a whole bunch of different restaurants within the same area

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were looking for a nice place to stay some days in Rome with our two little children. Close to the Vatican, clean and not too much expensive. With Residenza Risorgimento we reached all our goals!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am sadly disappointed by some of the disparaging reviews that I am reading here. I stayed in this hotel along with my 15-year-old son for 5 nights in April, 2014 and found it to be lovely. Before starting this review, I called my son into the room to ask what he would say about this hotel, and he said, "Mom, it was perfect!", and then went on to enumerate the same positives that I was thinking.

Upon arriving at midnight, I was a little taken aback to be delivered by my driver to an unmarked building. There was an intercom system on the door, and we were "buzzed up". Upon entering the building, we found a flight of stairs, a great old lift, and more doors with no directions to the hotel. We climbed 6 flights of stairs and found a door with the hotel name on the top floor. This was the only imperfection that I found the whole week!! Otherwise, we found the hotel very accommodating for the price.

The rooms were not overly spacious but they were very comfortable. Each room was decorated with brightly-colored reproduction paintings, and the rooms were very clean. My son and I both found the beds to be very comfortable and we slept very well. I saw that someone complained about noise from the Piazza below, but we only heard noise when our windows were opened. I was amazed at how well the windows and blinds blocked out the noise and lights when closed. They had refrigerators stocked with reasonably priced drinks. There were only 6 rooms and we never heard anything from our neighbors. As for the macerating toilets that others complain of here....I wonder if perhaps there are new toilets? We did not hear any unusual noises from the toilets nor did we notice any untoward odors. The rooms were always fresh, and were cleaned soon after our departure each day. We got fresh linens (even over the weekend-another negative comment left by someone).

The location was superb!! We were no more than a 5 minute walk from the Vatican entrance or the St. Peter's Basilica entrance. As others have pointed out, we were also 5 min from the Metro station and 30 min from the Coliseum and Forum, if you are so-inclined to walk!

Finally, there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING "creepy" or "stalkerish" about the staff. They were wonderful, friendly and accommodating. As for the sign to please pay cash for the room...it was explained that the city of Rome charges a 40% tax on credit card transactions, so I would ask for cash as well!!!! The gentleman explained that all Roman businesses prefer cash for this reason.

I will definitely stay here again should I ever return to Rome!!

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms, so the "hotel" is very cozy:)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family