All reviews honeymoon suite jacuzzi bath mini bar vatican city breakfast in bed croissants romantic break old fashioned lift pros and cons pantheon and trevi fountain beautiful city standard room close proximity residential building guest house other attractions fantastic location
Reviewed 7 November 2012

As part of our Honeymoon in May earlier this year, we decided to stay in Rome for 4 days. I did my homework on accommodation well in advance and spent many hours on Tripadvisor reading reviews on some of the hotels/guesthouses. From reading the reviews on this guesthouse, we decided to book it for our 4 nights in Rome. Upon Arriving at 10pm, (don't let the dodgy lift put you off) we were all to happy to find the very friendly staff had waited for us to open our room. Even though we never had the chance to tell them we'd be that late. Although the room was rather small, it was very clean, comfortable and cosy. The bathroom is modern and spacious with warm water. The breakfast is something very different. Consist of the best cappuccino we've had, orange juice, yogurt, toast and croissants with Nutella spread. Very yummy. It all added to the experience. This guesthouse is perfectly situated in the centre of Rome. Close to everything if you are planning on some sightseeing. About 700mt walk from the Vatican, St Peters Basilica and bus stop. Right around the corner from the Metro. If you walk around the block you'll find a Mc Donalds, Burger King, Subway and nice little restaurants. I'm a very picky traveller and although everyone says, "go cheap, you'll just be sleeping there anyways", I feel you should still be comfortable and have a clean bed. I would honestly recommend this guesthouse to anyone who's planning a trip to Rome.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay in Rome and spent the 3 nights at MDM. I had read the reviews before travelling and maybe had set my expectations high, however I do not consider myself or my boyfriend to be picky travellers and we have travelled well. Our room was No 24, and although small was very clean. We also had the free mini bar provided on the first night which consisted of coca cola, fanta and some bottles of water. The breakfast is basic and I advise you tick each item a couple of times to actually get the desired quantities. We also ordered for an 0800hrs breakfast each morning and it was about 20 mins late each morning, appreciate this is probably because most people order at this time but is something to bear in mind if you are planning to get out early and see the sights before the crowds! We also had a shower over a bath in our room which had a spa/whirlpool fitted however this did not work and when we asked for a plug for the bath they stated they didn't have one so no bath or spa bath! The bed was relatively comfortable although this is personal preference however had to ask for more pillows as the one provided was very thin! I am also not one to notice service but did not find the staff particularly friendly! Overall was a nice room and great location to the Vatican. A few tips on Rome, get to the Vatican very early to avoid the queues, although we still waited for an hour to get in! If travelling with Easyjet, don't buy the tickets on the plane for the shuttle bus but walk out of the airport, turn right and head down to bay 1 of the bus area where you can buy tickets to the vatican area and central Rome for 6 euros each way. MDM is about a 5-10 minute easy walk from the drop off point. Overall a great trip however would recommend maybe paying for not such a basic room as we had!

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Nice little guesthouse - we had the honeymoon suite which was very interesting with the round room, bed and red drapes.
Service was good, breakfast in the room convenient and location perfect for the Vatican visit.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Very close to the Vatican and Metro stop. Nice area and safe to walk around at night. The prestige room was lovely, spacious and clean - very conform able stay for 4 nights. The staff were wire friendly. Breakfast is served in the room, could do with some fruit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The guest house has lovely modern rroms with a boutique vintage style edge. great location, vatican within walking distance. Breakfast delivered daily to your room, nice if you want to be left alone to get on with your holiday. Only things I would say is the menu for breakfast is abit limited could do with some fruit and more options and the shower is abit leaky but on the whole had a fantastic holiday. Would reccommend the restaurant on the same road L'Isola Della Pizza, amazing food we went there a few times you wont regret it!

Date of stay: May 2012