“Dinner ”

Price range: USD 11 - USD 40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: The fraschette have ancient origins, certainly medieval, but in other forms even date back to ancient Rome, when the peasants of the Roman countryside traveling to the capital to sell their products in need of occasional refreshment points along the way.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a dinner our first night in Rome at theseWe lovely cosy restaurant. The atmosphere is very nice. Service- very friendly. We tried a specials of the day, and we really enjoyed. The second night we had from the main menu carbonara and tomatoes pasta with bacon...very salty... Shame because it will be good..

1  Thank 377stefkak
Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was on my way to the Vatican when I saw this restaurant specializing in Roman Cuisine. I sat down at one of the outdoor tables next to an American couple and ended up having nice chat over lunch. Apparently me and the couple were both from the same city. I grew up in the same town as one woman and went to the same university as her and I went to the same high school as her wife. What a small world.

The staff was very nice and spoke English and I ordered a glass of house wine and trippa alla Roma. The tripe was delicious and tender and sauce was perfect for dipping. The total came up to about 15-16 euro after coperto.

The food was delicious and would recommend this to anyone looking for some good Italian food, especially Roman cuisine.

1  Thank jkwellyn
fraschetta_2014, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at La Fraschetta di Castel Sant'Angelo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much!!!!!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We had just finished our tour of the Vatican and we were starving. I really wanted somewhere that wasn't touristy but being so close to the Vatican I didn't think that was going to be possible.

We stumbled upon this gem and I looked it up on Trip Advisor and saw great reviews so we gave it a shot.

This was one of our favorite meals in Rome!!!

The carbonara was the best we had anywhere - it is SOO GOOD!! We also got a liter of their house wine which was inexpensive and delicious.

The service was fantastic also (which isn't really the case at too many places). I could have sat here for hours. My husband and I enjoyed this great casual lunch for a great price. You must go!!

Also - you can write on a napkin and tape it to the wall :)

2  Thank Liz I
fraschetta_2014, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at La Fraschetta di Castel Sant'Angelo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you so much Liz!!!!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We visited La Fraschetta on a recommendation from a friend, and we were told specifically to order the Carbonara - and I’m so glad we did! Delicious, good value and generous portion size. Would definitely recommend for a casual lunch!

fraschetta_2014, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at La Fraschetta di Castel Sant'Angelo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thanks a lot see you at the next trip thank you

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Wow we normally never eat at the same restaurant twice when we stay anywhere but this place was an exception. We were staying in accommodation right next door Raffaello Charmsuite so it was convenient the first night but the food and service was so good we decided it easier after a long day of walking and sightseeing to just eat here for dinner. Highly recommend this one.

Grazie and thanks for your wonderful words