“Colourful Loft with Great Shower”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
salotto
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Rabsunlak
Cordoba, Spain
“Colourful Loft with Great Shower”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

There are hotel types of people and vacation rental types of people. Preferring more space and the chance to experience life in a place reasonably distanced from tourist central, I booked two different flats in the Sabellihouse complex. They are listed separately under various names on Trip Advisor, but are all owned, I was told, by Bruno and managed by Andrea, a Romanian with a keen ear for languages who switches with ease from excellent English to perfect Spanish and probably flawless Italian.

The Sabellihouse Complex. The property is situated very near the University and about a twenty or twenty-five minute walk from the ticket offices of the vast Termini Station. I found it extremely well-situated for public transportation access, as it is a mere two minute walk to tram 3 and tram 19, and a five minute walk to some very useful bus connections, especially the 71.

Do not be put off by the seedy appearance of the neighbourhood. The complex is located at the end of Via Sabelli very close to a cemetery, and is sealed-off from the street. There is also private parking available on the property. There is a small theatre company that performs across the street and a restaurant, Soul Kitchen that shares the property. Additionally, there are a variety of stores and restaurants within a short walk.

Loft Augusto - Sabellihouse is accurately reflected in the photographs. Tasteful décor, great sense of space. The bath conveniently consists of two rooms. What isn’t easy to see from the shots is that the shower is much larger than it appears, running the entire width of the inner bathroom. It was a pleasant surprise and the water pressure is excellent. The two sofas are very comfy. What would be useful is an end table with a light, or at least one good reading light in the living room. The kitchen is functional but should come equipped with more utensils, pots and pans and a kettle, though I am certain these would be provided if you were to ask Andrea. A good addition to the bathroom would be a hairdryer, but again, you could probably ask. There is not a clothes washing machine in the flat.

As regards sleeping, the noise from the restaurant could prove bothersome to anyone who retires early. Yet, the bedroom loft was perfect for me. I tend to like firm mattresses, so I was relieved to discover one here, to my good fortune

Access to Sabellihouse I found to be less fortuitous, confusing and somewhat difficult. Two minor problems: first, if a traveler does not have a mobile phone or access to one, they are virtually in the hands of chance. Both times I stayed here I had difficulty, even though I had emailed my estimated arrival time. Once I was earlier than anticipated and the second time, given the late arrival via the horribly inefficient and shoddy regional rail service, about forty minutes later than expected. Both times I had to rely on the kindness of strangers to send an sms message to gain access by contacting Andrea. Further, the Sabellihouse Complex 191-195 has two entrances. Logically one approaches the obvious front door of the complex where the address is posted to the left of the Soul Kitchen. What is not obvious to the first time guest, is that the actual entrance close the Andrea’s office is through the parking gate door to the far right of the restaurant. I was not the only one confused by this. I happened upon another group of arriving guests who were standing about looking bewildered, clueless as to where they should go to gain entrance. This is especially difficult when the complex is so large and Andrea cannot be in several places at the same time, thus rendering the porter’s bell useless.
Overall, would I stay here again. Yes

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing