Hotel Versailles was an excellent place to stay in Rome. Our room was a bit above average in size for European hotels and very clean all the time. There was enough space for 2 people to spread out their luggage for 5 days.
Although this hotel is not too close to many of Rome's more famous attractions, we found this to be an asset as there were many great and inexpensive breakfast and restaurant locations within a couple of blocks. You can't beat spending 2 euro on breakfast every day. And it wasn't hard to get to the main areas of Rome. A 15 minute walk at the beginning of the day and you're into a more busier district. We even felt safe walking back to the hotel after 1AM.
1. There are no major signs for the hotel, look for the address and the big black doors.
2. Let the front desk know if you are leaving early in the morning on your check out day.
3. Make sure the shower curtain is inside the small shower space so you are not spending your evening mopping up water in the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Versailles is a small, elegant, beautiful and very confortable hotel in Rome center. All rooms are air conditioning provided, they all have TV, free internet wi-fi connection, safe, airdryer, electronic locks. Hotel Versailles is close to Termini railway station, to Galleria Borghese Museum, to the Spanish Step and perfectly connected to all the rest (Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica ....). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Versailles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.