“Average hotel in a good Vatican location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel San Pietro

Hotel San Pietro
Ranked #878 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Kansas City, Kansas
“Average hotel in a good Vatican location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

I booked this hotel through an agency that uses it a lot. We were two parties, one of two people, one of two adults and a child.

The hotel has no on site parking-which is normal for Rome. I expected to be sent to a garage, but since we arrived on a Sunday, all of the local garages were closed for most of the day. I eventually found a place on the street nearby and spent two days worrying about it. But it turned out to be fine.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and several places to buy tickets are nearby. But none are open on Sunday either.

The triple room was large enough for the three of us with luggage, but the double was pretty tight. The rooms were clean and the plumbing was better than at other hotels I have stayed at in Rome.

Breakfast was subpar for this price, but was not bad. The nearby restaurant was expensive and not very good. But others sitting there seemed to enjoy it so maybe that was just us. We ate there once and went elsewhere after that and enjoyed that far more.

The air conditioning worked great and the rooms were quite. It is a 15 minute walk to the Vatican from here and you can catch a cab from the main street, but no cab in town had ever heard of this hotel so coming back from downtown was a problem every time we tried it. Get an address and mark it on the map before you leave the hotel, or have them drop you off at the Vatican and walk.

The hotel would only accept payment in cash. There is an ATM around the corner, but we had limits on how much we could take out a day and this was a problem. Good thing we brought extra cash for emergencies.

Rome is expensive. I know that and don't have high expectations of any hotel inside the city. For 160 Euros for a triple, we got straight up average rooms and average meals. I have no complaints and would not talk anyone out of going here, but neither would I be quick to send anyone here.

• Liked — Location to Vatican
  • Disliked — Pretty expensive for what you got.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank CER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2006

I stayed with a group on a pilgramage to Rome and this hotel was great! Very close to to the Vatican, within walking distance. Close to restaraunts and shopping. ATM machine right around the corner. The service was excellent, I had a medical emergency and they got me to the right place and were very kind and concerned. Each person I encountered working there was very friendly, spoke enough English that we could communicate and went beyond the normal service of a hotel to make sure that our every need was met. Rooms were clean and water pressure was excellent, always enough hot water. Always felt safe, even when walking by myself. I would definitely recommend staying here and say that the service here was far greater than any 5 star hotel that I have ever stayed in. If you are looking for something close to the Vatican this is a great place to stay.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member