“Best hotel stay ever!”

Ranked #4 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Chicago
“Best hotel stay ever!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have been many places - and stayed at many hotels - but this is tops in my book! We found it purely thru tripadvisor and rely only on the reviews. We were also considering the Portrait Suites - and I am 100% glad we choose Villa Spalletti! Besides being beautiful in every way, the location can’t be beat. We could easily walk out to the Piazza Del Popolo or down to the Coliseum without any problem. The entire staff couldn’t have been more helpful and the breakfasts virtually took us thru the entire day. At the end of the day – coming back and enjoying a drink on the back patio absolutely recharged us to head out for the evening’s dinner. Do not hesitate to make this your special stay in Rome!

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a room facing over the back - seemed alittle more quite but I don't think ther...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whovilledc7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Camps Bay, South Africa
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Villa in mid August. We booked due to the excellent ratings on trip advisor. We changed our dates due to taking a few extra days leave than originally anticipated, we were told we had to upgrade to a suit as the hotel was full in our new dates. We upgraded and noticed the hotel was nearly empty due to the holidays. We stayed in wonderful hotels our entire Italian trip and this one disappointed us. The breakfast was nothing special and I ended up eating outside the hotel. We asked for an untouristy restaurant recommendation and ended up in a restaurant where all we heard were American accents. I booked in advance feather pillows and despite further requests stayed both nights without them. The hotel is central and staff friendly but it needs some attention to detail. My husband was ill on our departure day and they kindly let him stay sleeping in the hotel for a few extra hours. To summarize, it's a 'nice' hotel but I certainly believe there must be better in Rome.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MarvBlonde
mgr68, Direttore at Villa Spalletti Trivelli, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Thank you for your note and feedback which gave us the opportunity to investigate.
We suppose that an upgrading to grand deluxe suite could be considered an added value granted for free as special welcome : it has been a nice gesture dedicated to our valued guests which we belive is positive .
Now, the issues were feather pillows and breakfast. Regarding to pillows as a matter of fact our housekeeper confirmed that pillows were delivered the morning after your arrival and we are sorry for that : we usually pay very much attention to details but sometimes defaillances may occur that's why we take each client feedback very seriously . We try to do our best day after day : this is the mission that we all share.
As far as breakfast is concerned, we honestly don't agree with you as would not the majority of our guests : we would invite you to read the many posts we received and keep on receiving .
Just to clarify , we take the opportunity to explain our buffet breakfast which we offer on complimentary basis . Every morning we propose: Croissants & brioches, 5 different homemade cakes, selection of breads, cereals, selection of jam & marmelades, selection of organic honey, selection of organic yogurts, selection of organic puddings, selection of fruit juices, Cheese selection, Parma ham and Salami selection, first quality organic buffalo mozzarella cheese, first quality organic buffalo ricotta cheese , fruit salad and fresh fruit, + hot drinks from Cafeteria to order (express service) among coffee, cappuccino, tea, helbal infusions, hot chocolate, freshly squeezed orange juice & ( on top of everything) a range of freshly cooked hot items to order among Omelettes, poached eggs, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, grilled Italian bacon, pancakes (express service) …. In my humble opinion it’s bizarre " ending up eating outside the villa "... but it’s always a matter of very personal point of view. We would appreciate if you could suggest any other product to add as we are always ready to improve our service.
Last but not least: recommended restaurant issue. In August Rome is packed of tourists and it’s hard to find Italians around : in Italy 90% of people enjoy the annual leave in August which is the warmer month of the year... that's why it's quite normal to find foreigners in in central Rome restaurants. The Management
Modena, Italy
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Awesome place very nice atmosphere. Friendly personnel. Incredibly kind and helpful concierge staff with a very unsual name (ash?) for an italian, eager to show us all the secrets of the enchnted places and helpes u with some of the best kept secrets of rome

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Francescarusso74
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July 2012, on our first visit to Rome. It was a spectacularly beautiful hotel, in a quiet location, yet in walking distance to many of the landmarks of Rome. When I decided to post this review, I saw that a very small number of guests had given it a below-average rating. Puzzled by how anyone could find this hotel unacceptable, I read the 3 or so reviews to find out what things other travelers found lacking. I see that some were not happy with the service because they found it cold or because the staff did not speak English well. From my experience, this has been remedied. The staff we encountered were warm and friendly, and spoke English quite well, although I wanted to practice my Italian while I was there. I loved the breakfast, which was included with our stay, although I'll admit it wasn't the traditional American breakfast like you might find at say, Denny's, or the IHOP. Instead, there were Italian meats and cheeses, breads and pastries, a delicious and unusual fruit salad, and the usual coffee, tea, and dairy items. The breakfast room opens onto a lovely outdoor garden, so guests can eat breakfast outside in the garden, or in the dining room.

We had a lovely time, and I would not hesitate to stay in this beautiful hotel the next time I visit Rome.

Room Tip: We traveled with our teenagers, and we were able to book two rooms with a sitting area between them...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Ronda109Columbus_OH
Maghera, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a true gem in a glorious city.

The Villa is secretive, exclusive, comfortable, intimate and glamorously timeworn in splendid décor, architecture and style. The hotel has an air of decadence and class that makes for a truly unique get away.

From the competent check in to check out we, as guests, felt treated like royalty by members of the hotel staff who were efficient, professional and courteous at their jobs. The reception went out of their way to help me with a few business issues (faxes, mail etc) and provided outstanding restaurants close to the hotel. The Spa staff were truly magnificent and provided us with two treatments (one per day) that left us feeling relaxed, rejuvenated and like we were in heaven. Please do indulge yourself to a spa treatment … well worth it!!

The room was cosy with a large bed, extra comfortable bedding and a wonderful view of the neighbouring parks, streets and gardens. The bathroom was adequately sized with lavish fresh toiletries and the ginormous bath was great to relax in after a hard days sightseeing and working.

I am a big breakfast fan and the breakfast at the Villa was more than outstanding…I really cannot find the words. The hot breakfast menu was extensive and each morning I had an egg (poached) and scrumptious bacon that I could not get enough off. This was a real treat for me and the highlight of our stay!

Overall...everything at the Villa was flawless. I found nothing to fault and I am quite a critical person. I was astounded at the level of admirable service offered and the quality of the hotel in general. If you want quite, private and exclusive space this is your hotel! Just book it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple