“Great place to stay to see Rome”
Review of Hotel Diocleziano

Hotel Diocleziano
Ranked #46 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Port of Spain
“Great place to stay to see Rome”
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel, the front desk manager was very pleasant and upgraded us to a room with a whirlpool bath on the 4th floor. The room was simply but nicely decorated, modern and very clean. We were very satisfied with the room.

The hotel was close to the train station, and probably right on the nicer edge of that part of town, heading towards Republica. It was a great place to start exploring Rome from, not right in the middle of things but not very far away, within a couple metro stops to most attractions, and on most bus routes.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel in this price range in Rome.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I had an outstanding, comfortable stay at this hotel!
Price was certainly reasonable compared to what else I was seeing on TripAdvisor for that time of year. (12-20May) Staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating! Since this was my first stay I used their 'limo' service to get from FCO to hotel and back. Excellent service and well worth the 99euro not to hassle with a cab / train / and bag drag!

Room was VERY clean and seemed newly remodeled - more spacious than I expected. My room was in back of building, 4th floor and had beautiful view of the old Roman Baths of Diocletian area. The room had two twin beds – firm foam mattress and heavy quality bed linens made for a comfortable night sleep every night. Wifi worked well enough – hey you’re sharing it with the rest of the hotel.
Air conditioning worked well, but outside temperature was in 70’s F during our visit - so very comfortable. Free mini bar was nice. FYI… regarding water – the shower pressure was great and tap water was cool and delicious to drink. My daughter and I drank the tap water at hotel – just filled our bottles. Also we drank from every public water fountain ‘nasoni’ we encountered during the day! Neither of us ever experienced any issues, and the water was always cool, and delicious.

The breakfast bar was well stocked right up to 10:30 closing time with full fare of bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, breads, cereal, croissants, sugar donuts, juices, water, and cappuccino…delizioso! The breakfast bar was key point in making this stay exceptional: 1. I figured I saved about 20-30 euro/day (two adults) on breakfast, 2. Didn’t have to forage out to find a good hot breakfast every day, 3. The extended hours to 10:30 was really appreciated, especially the first few days getting over the jet lag. 4. The food was consistently fresh and delicious.
Bathroom was large and very clean. The location is exceptional! Very easy to get around on the Metro and easy to get back via metro or bus since many of them go to Termini!
Several very nice reasonable restaurants within 3 blocks walk - inexpensive sandwich café right out front! 1 block from a “Bancomat” (ATM) FYI…THE best way to buy in Rome is CASH – and the best way to get cash is use your debit card at an ATM (I saved 2-3% from the Visa/MC fees).
When I return to Rome I’ll be staying here again!

Room Tip: I'd recommend a room on higher floor in back - the view is exceptional!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank James T
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I wanted a hotel near Termini station and a nice hotel as my husband and I would be finishing our tour group in Rome and the extra day we had we wanted to end on a high.

Even I thought I paid a bit too much but after our 3 nights in this hotel with great, friendly service, good breakfast (good variety of hot and cold options) and nice rooms it was definitly worth it. We got a room on the 4 th floor facing the front of the hotel and the rooms were quiet and spacious. It's nice to be given free drinks every day as well as tea and coffee facilities in a hotel. Bathroom was spacious and it's definitly nice to go exploring then come and just relax in a nice, clean room.

Breakfast starts at 6.45am and we walked to everything except the Vatican where we caught a cab. We also had dinner at Babbos on our final night and they make delicious handmade meatball pasta and great pizza.

My husband agreed that it was money well spent and if we needed a hotel near Termini, this would be it!

Thank you for making our stay memorable.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annie Y
England
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed here in May with my boyfriend. The hotel is about a six minute walk from the Termini station, and the road it is on is very quiet, which is unusual for Rome! The staff were polite and courteous and helpful (my boyfriend needed an iron and board, and one was delivered to our room within a few minutes). Our double room had a firm bed (annoyingly two single mattresses pushed together), a good sized wardrobe with safe (big enough for all our valuables, including a netbook), tv, and a minibar with free drinks (water, sparkling water, Coca Cola, Fanta, fruit juice) replenished daily, which was very good. The bathroom was a decent size with thick towels. The corner shower (it has a triangular base) was quite close to the toilet so you had to kind of sit on the toilet at an angle. Yes, the hotel is expensive, but this is Rome, which is not exactly a cheap city!! The area around the hotel is not great, restaurants are ok although you wouldn't go there twice, but as it is so close to the metro it is easy and quick to get somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fluffy-Owl
Edmonton
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Overall this was a very nice hotel, but pricey for what you get. Our room was smaller than the room in our previous 3 star hotel that cost less than half the price. But we appreciated the nice décor, the carpet, large closet space, desk, great shower and cleanliness. The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful and the desk was staffed 24 hours. Breakfast was very nice with a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, yogurt, fruit, cereals, pastries, breads, boiled eggs. Very nice eating area. Free drinks in the minibar in the room were great. Hotel is extremely quiet with no noise from traffic. Located very close to Termini station and area is safe with lots of tourists. Internet in the room was slow. Overall this place was great but overpriced. Nice 3 stars are available that are quiet and close to Termini for less than half the price if you don’t mind slightly lower quality, but still acceptable service and rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends