All reviews shared bathroom near termini budget option noise from the street noisy at night booked a single room excellent stay at hotel comfortable accommodation train station clean rooms light sleeper pastry would stay here again walking distance mario sink roma
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Nice place near central station and underground. Lots of restaurants nearby, and friendly staff. No elevator, and not a very picturesque area - but on the whole a very good choice for groups and solo travellers.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It is a nice, decent hotel. I booked a single room with a shared bathroom. It was pretty small, but to me that is not very important. I was mostly out in the city meeting friends anyways. Everything was nicely cleaned and the hotel looks nice. You do have to hand in your key every time you leave, which was a bit annoying. Also, do not forget to bring your earplugs, because the noise from the street at night is quite loud.

Room tip: Bring earplugs because of the noise from the streets
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Here was inhospitable staff with bad english. There was very noise during all night.
Bathroom was dirty.
Hotel is situated near Termini, it is good location if you need to be closed to railway station.
terrible breakfast and very bad coffee

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Extremely friendly people at the desk, clean rooms and bathrooms, near Termini station therefore fast to join whole Rome, self-service breakfast with plenty of food and drinks, quiet place. I stay there since lots of years everytime I go to Rome.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2017

It was really loud at night because the hotel faces the busy street with a lot of restaurants on the street. Worst of all, they assigned me to a room with a dysfunctional lock. The door can be opened from outside even though it is locked from inside. I checked the lock when I got there the first night and I didn't realize the lock is only functional once in awhile. That was really not acceptable. So, the second night I was about to go use restroom and I couldn't lock the door for a long time and I tried locking it from inside to see it will work. That's when I found out that it can still be opened from outside even if you locked from the inside. I went to talk to the reception and they basically told me how come I didn't check it when I check in. Obviously, I check it but how would anybody can know if the door can be opened from outside when you already locked it from inside. The receptionist argued with me for a good 10 mins until I convince him that I do not feel safe sleeping in the room that is not properly locked. The hotel doesn't have an elevator so make sure pack light if you are planning to stay here. The room is hot and you can't really sleep with the window opened because of the noise outside. The bed is not most comfortable. I would not stay here again due to their security issue with the door lock.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
map72, Reception at Hotel Cervia Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,
this is Mario from hotel Cervia ...I heard for the problem in your room from my collegue who works at night. We are very sorry, I'm absolutely agreed with you that this problem was not acceptable, but we didn't know about that before, in fact the lock has been changed already. The man who talk to you, just tried to explain an alternative technic to lock the door, but of course it was only a temporary solution waiting for a technician.
Anyway I'm so sorry to hear that you did not feel safe in our hotel, I can understand that problem, but I wanted to tell you that we have a good security system in all of our building, all areas are monitored by cameras and our reception is open h.24.00. I think that security is definitely our strenght.
No rancor for your bad review ...really, I only hope that you can appreciate my reply and accept our apologies ...if you'll never decide to come again in our hotel, we inform you that we also have a much quiter room facing in the courtyard side.

Mario