Ascot
USD 198
USD 457
USD 294
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 497/night.

USD 581
USD 112
USD 946
USD 610
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2011

great clean, quiet hotel. We had room nr. 39-1st floor, ..big , nice room, the bathroom also.
good location, great staff, ..everything was fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dkcsilla
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed at The Ascot for 4 nights in June. We did alot of research to find a reasonably priced property. The Ascot was one of the lowest priced properties we found. The room was spotless, good locaction, and friendly staff. The breakfast was simple but good. The thing that most impressed me about the hotel, was how clean it was. The breakfast room was always extremely clean and organized. The location near Termini was great for transportation to and from the airport as well as the sight seeing busses. We walked to The Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, but in the extreme heat is was a bit far. We would have loved to stay near The Trevi Fountain, but were unwilling to pay more than double of what we payed to stay at The Ascot. I would definatley stay with them again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank kgllgk
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Only stayed one night as i was leaving town the next day but saw three staff members all of whom were accommodating and helpful. I chose it for the good access to Termini, free wifi and 24hr reception (i arrived late at night) and that i could leave my bags there until i was ready to catch the train to the airport later in the evening the next day. The Ascot ticked all those boxes and delivered except that wifi was only available in the lounge on the 2nd floor and my room was on the first floor which at the time was inconvenient. There is a lift from the ground floor so had no problems lugging around my bag. The rooms were reasonable in size, very clean, bed was comfortable (others i have stayed with were very hard) and quiet and i didnt hear any noise from any other guests. Breakfast was good but it wasnt available until 8am and as others have noted that is a bit inconvenient if you want to get out early to do sightseeing. Plenty of restaurants/take aways nearby as well as general shops. Location in terms of sightseeing in Rome is good if you are ok with public transport (the buses are actually very good in Rome), but the Ascot is at the Termini end which means it is a walk across town to the Forum and Colosseum. However this means it is cheaper than being right in the centre of town and i found i got a great deal from an accom website and so it was great value and would consider staying here again for 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had room 25, a corner room with king size bed. Room is very good size, clean, good storage area and desk with TV, Good size shower with plenty of hot water. Windows do shut out the sound from outside, but as noted in other reviews, if your neighbors are loud you will hear them. There is a market almost every morning in the street as you exit the hotel Except for one gentleman who went out of his way to make a copy for me, the desk staff seemed distant and preoccupied with concerns other than their guests. Maybe it is just Roman reserve but I never saw a smile returned in the four days I was there. Once, when I asked if we could eat 15 min earlier, the clerk pointedly looked at the clock and said nothing. Breakfast is not until 8, which is late when you are trying to get out early to avoid the crowds. Often there were people waiting to eat and some just went in and started early and did without the coffee.

It is convenient to the train station, Metro and buses. However, I think I could have done better for $180 per night

Room Tip: 25 is a good size, 26 has balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Ascot is located at the intersection of Via Volturno and Via Montebello, close to Repubblica and Termini stations in central Rome. Proximity to Termini is good from a connectivity perspective, and not being in the immediate locality is advantageous considering that Termini is crowded and not entirely safe. Therefore the location of Hotel Ascot is a significant plus in its favour.
The hotel lobby itself is on the second floor, and since the door to the main road is always closed, one cannot be blamed for missing it. Keep your eyes wide open and you'll spot the sign on the wall.
The room I had was spacious while not opulent. My room did not have a window overlooking the road, but this didn't hurt as the room was large. The restroom was also large (by European standards, anyway!) and well furnished. It appeared that the toilet had actually been redone recently as the fittings seemed to be newer than the rest of the room. The water in the shower pulsated between scalding hot and mildly cold, which was a trifle annoying but tolerable.
In some areas (lobby, the door to my room, etc.) there seemed to be a bit of decay but I must add that this did not translate to a lack of cleanliness.
The breakfast - included in the tariff - is best missed. There are no fruits, just one fruit juice, and no eggs. Just two options for breads too. Breakfast was the single most disappointing aspect of the hotel - and it was a lot worse than just poor.
The people at the front desk were helpful and offer maps upon request.
A word on the Wi-Fi - it simply works! I had no trouble logging in, and the speeds were very good - I was able to stream live video on my iPhone.
My visit was just after Easter and that probably explains why I had to shell out more than 120 euros for a night. Even so, I feel it is a price too high and I only booked Ascot because I couldn't find a cheaper alternative in as good a location. Under the same circumstances, however, I would still consider booking Ascot in future.

Room Tip: Ask for one with window opening onto the main road
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo