“Excellent!”

Ranked #181 of 1,514 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This interactive children's museum is designed to engage children and stimulate their natural curiosity about science, the environment, society, communication and more.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 20 April 2012 via mobile

My 3 & 6 year old daughters loved this place! And it was a nice treat after all the grown up museums. They limit it to a 1:45 time for your stay which is nice. The kids didn't want to leave of course, but could see the whole place was stopping which helped. There's also a restaurant and separate cafe there to eat. I would highly recommend it to anyone! You can book a time slot online- and it's req. on weekends/holidays/school breaks so it's never bonkers in there!

2 Thank sstokman

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Geneva, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for my active toddler”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband and I took out 16 month old, energetic toddler. The museum has a great interactive water fountain. Younger children can play in a running stream of water with given cups and plastic glasses. Older children can use kinetic energy to create jets of water. I appreciate the plastic aprons and steps stools that were available as my child is quite enthusiastic about water.

The museum had age appropriate play areas and we found an enclosed play space upstairs that was also perfect for him. There is also a nursing area for nursing mothers. The staff has extra diapers, which was helpful as we conveniently forgot the diapers in the hotel.

There are times slots that are strictly enforced. I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of limited access to a museum, but I suppose it prevents overcrowding. Overall, a great way to give us all a break from sightseeing.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Ruffington
Ramnicu Valcea, Romania
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“good for small kids”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Our doughter enjoiet the kids museum. nice activities to do in familly .

Visited October 2011
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Rome with kids”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

GREAT!!! KIDS love it.
Reservation req. for the weekend, during week not nec. Kids can play and explore a lot of thinks.
Easy to reach by a 7,5 minutes walk from pza. popolo (has a metro).
Playing fireworks, moving machines, playing gardening, cooking, and and and
its even better then the kids department in munich/germany.
and in this place the romans are friendly.
the session takes 1hr45 min- and believe thats enough.
We will go again,
have fun
and explore for inst. how a cat, an eagle or a fly sees the world.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank connie a
Bergen, Norway
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun and interesting”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Both my 10 years old son and I liked this place a lot! I recommend for all families with kids visiting Rome! They will love to have a break from historical attractions with some science and fun! Make sure to arrive in a good hour since they work in turns - from 10 to 11:45, for example. In this case, if you arrive at 11, you will have only 45 minutes to explore the museum - they have all the information and hours in their website. There is a restaurant and a nice playground as well. The museum is close to the famous Piazza del Popolo.

Visited June 2011
5 Thank LaBGO

Been to Explora? Share your experiences!