“Good dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Our hotel was across the road and we decided to try some good meat that evening for a change, even when in Italy, I prefer eating Italian food. We tried several meals and all of them were good. I ate some ribs with bbq sauce, my bf ate a beefsteak and my nephew chicken wrap but we’ve all tried Natural tartar beefsteak as appetizer and loved it. Ribs could have been juicier but overall it was a good experience.

CustomerRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Old Wild West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you so much for your positive evaluation! We want to satisfy our customers in the service and quality of our menu :) We are waiting for you here again!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Honestly, this was the worst meal we had while in Rome. We wanted to try something a little different and saw the reviews weren't too bad on this place. However, we were not impressed at all. We ordered a hamburger and chicken burger and both were super dry and flavorless- truthfully could have gotten better at McDonalds. The prices were outrageous for the quality of food- this was our third most expensive meal the whole week long trip! I would not recommend trying. There are plenty of other great restaurants to choose from!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

As diners go, I'd give it full marks. Delicious sirloin steak a tad undercooked but the size that I'd expected, unlike the 800grm that I'd ordered in the previous restaurant. (Trip please correct from 400to 800grms thanks.)
Half chicken and chips at twelve euro and a bottle of white at 18 €, (a tad pricey) who can complain.
We exited and met an Irish family who had returned here three times.
No wonder.

CustomerRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Old Wild West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thanks for your review. If he returns to Rome we would be happy to host him again.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

As much as I love Italian food, pasta and pizza can get a little redundant. Unless you have deep pockets and can afford the fancier places, dining at most moderately priced restaurants will result in the same menu selections. We were looking for something different and Old Wild West offered this at a reasonable price. I believe this establishment is located in a student area and filled up quickly after we got there. Burgers are their main stay however other sandwiches are offered as well as salads.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I have been to two similar restaurants of the same name in Krakow and Brussels and Old Wild West in Rome is as good as any I've been.
The interior is a homage to all things Wild West with great decor and furnishings including covered wagons,wanted posters,Indian and cowboy ephemera,it really is one fun place to enjoy a meal or a drink.
As we had just ate we were only here for some beers and a very pleasant member of staff greeted us warmly and guided us to a table were we ordered a beer each,the beer was served iced cold and sparkling and we just chilled out and soaked up the great vibe in this busy and popular restaurant.
The beer was outstanding and I must say that I regretted having ate at the previous restaurant as the meals leaving the kitchen looked and smelt delicious,hardly surprising that this restaurant was packed .
We moved on after a couple of beers here were we had a great time.
Very easy to locate in the San Lorenzo district of Rome ,you will find this restaurant on Via Tiburtina in an area teeming with pubs,bars and restaurants.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Sunday,midday till 4pm. Then.
,7pm till 12.30am.
A great restaurant and well worth checking out.