“Great local ear Friendly, trendy, tasty!”

Fermento Cucina e Bistrot
Ranked #2,241 of 13,747 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: USD 29 - USD 41
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I was on my way to catch my hotel shuttle and I wanted to have a quick dinner. Fermento is located on a very accessible street, close to the Vatican. Customers were in majority local Italian and I really loved the place!
This is a family business: the son, the niece, the cousin of the owners work there and everyone seems very happy to be there. The place is elegant but not pompous, food is very well presented, tasty and appropriately priced. The guy behind seemed to enjoy preparing cocktails, and it was fun to look at him preparing his concoctions!
All the staff was very attentive to customers and to me it was a very happy place!
I hope to be back for a more elaborate dinner next time!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

After 5 times visiting Rome for business purposes and have already eaten in many different (promoted!) ones, together with a colleague we "came across" by luck one of the best eateries in the eternal city! Super good! Really worth trying...

1  Thank Ioannis A
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Happened to be walking by at lunchtime, dropped in for plate of prosciutto and cheese, beer . . . great. Then went back for late lunch next day . . . best tuna steak for my dining partner we ever had and best fillet of beef grilled I had ever had . . . .and great prices.

2  Thank ronetc
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We found this place because it's close to our hotel and we regret not having this found any sooner than our last night in Rome; this place was amazing! The food was superb, not expensive at all for the quality you get, and the staff is super friendly too! Very tourist friendly, definitely a must visit!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We went here for lunch and were presented with a brief typed list of offerings. Our waiter provided the missing details to explain what each dish was, which was helpful. My wife had a spicy chicken dish--more Asian than Italian in inspiration--and I had a wonderful pasta dish. The highlight for both of us were the almond canneloni with red berry sauce for dessert. Fermento is a bit more expensive than nearby restaurants and it is a little less "homey" than the locally owned establishments that dot the neighborhood, but we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch here are will return the next time we are in Rome.