“Ideal base, lovely host”
other travellers have booked this property
house windows
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
house windows
front door view
bed on the loft
entrance hall of  the palazzo
view from sitting room
view from the bedroom
bed on the loft
bed under the loft
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
achilles1...
Midlander (UK)
“Ideal base, lovely host”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Pre visit information was spot on and responsive- very reassuring. Took a taxi from the airport to the apartment following Evalina's advice. Evelina was there to meet us (maybe a name on the door buzzer would have been an added extra)

The apartment was ideal, particularly after I broke my foot-it was small enough to get around easily but big enough for the 3 of us. The neighbourhood was probably the best I've ever been to- a very helpful shopkeeper just a step from the doorway and a lovely "real" local restaurant round the corner. Can't thank Evalina enough for arranging the emergency take away-made the best of a bad situation. The street was so very quiet compared to the mayhem just up the road but it was a short stroll to the Vatican and across the bridge to the buses for all the main sites. First afternoon we strolled to the Pantheon. Second day we got a bus to make sure we could get to the Coliseum for 9.30 but we could have walked it if we'd wanted-tip- buses @9.30 make London rush hour look puny-@8.30-, they are empty so arrived well ahead of schedule. It's a flat 1.5 euro on the buses for 100 minutes of travel but no one checks the tickets-and under 10s or maybe older (not sure-best ask) go free.
The apartment had everything you might want for a short stay (except a good bread knife- Roman bread is very chewy, addictive but a pain to cut) I particularly appreciated the various goodies in the cupboard (Sorry Evelina, we didn't get any more aribica) and Evalina showed us how to make expresso coffee. The smell in the evening was divine- Downstairs in the courtyard there were a mass of flowers and in the evening it was like having Glade on heat- beautiful. All the technology worked too, which was a godsend when I broke my foot-didn't expect to spend 4 days marooned on the new and very comfy sofa but the tech made it at leat bearable. Ans a tip- the cobbles in Rome-treat them like a walk in the Lake District- I wondered why so many Romans were out on crutches and now I know! Highlights of the trip for me were the Arch of Octavia for in your face archaeology and the Jewish Ghetto for food. The area where the flat is is great for food too and the setting off of the noon cannon on Via Garibaldi was very entertaining. All in all, thoroughly recommended and when I can save enough I'd go back to the same flat-I still have to see Ostia Antica! Oh and Villa Bourghesi- you have to book a tour weeks in advance as numbers are limited so if you want to go, book before you set off! Weird thing is a few places are open every day except Monday, so if there is somewhere you are dying to see, check all the info before you travel- I found the Lonely Planet guide to Rome invaluable-wish I'd read it more before we went. And special thanks to the various taxi drivers in Rome who ferried me from hospital to hospital and to home-what a lovely, caring bunch they are.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The homeliness and the location and the neighbours
Liked least: The stairs-after I broke my foot!
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
tripperty...
El Cajon, California
“Comfort in Rome”
Reviewed 25 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Excellent location to see Rome. We walked easily to Vatican City and on the way got best coffee we have ever had anywhere at Cafe de' Penitenzieri on Via dei Penitenzieri. Evelina met us at the comfortable apartment and gave a welcome talk as well as suggestions. Both times we called her for advice she responded quickly. We bought a bottle of wine, cheese and deli meats from the local store around the corner- both local stores within half a block had very helpful manager/owners. Another gem after seeing Sistine Chapel is Panificio Mosca on Via Candia, 16. It's a local bakery/quick lunch stop just a few blocks from St Peters Square. I support much of what other 4-5 star reviews here have said.

Liked best: location
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
JeepJumps
Iwakuni, Japan
“Great base to set out and explore the city”
Reviewed 29 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

As advertised, it's charming. It's the perfect size for two. Didn't look at the loft because we didn't need it. Very well located in a quiet part of Trastevere, which you will appreciate when you get a sense of the noise level in the livelier parts. But still close to the street action of that fantastic neighborhood. Also well located for accessing the rest of the city. Some crucial bus stops nearby and you can even walk to most of the places on your list. We were lucky we didn't need the air-conditioning even though it was August, but it's there in case. And because it was August some things were closed, but it really didn't make much of a difference. It's close to the river good for morning runs.
This is a vacation rental, for people are staying longer than one or two nights. It's in a regular apartment building in a regular residential neighborhood. That's what we wanted, that's what we got. Very un-touristy, as opposed to the main drag of Trastevere. I felt like I was staying in Rome and not in EuroDisneyland. If I could spend a week in Rome every year, this is a place I could easily return to again and again.
The owner was extremely helpful and patient with our cluelessness. Every stage of rental transaction was easy. I really think this is a great value for the money.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ease of the entire process.
Liked least: There was nothing that disappointed me.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
cgNYC66
Brooklyn, New York
“interesting location, well priced”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The building is located about a 10-15 minute walk away from the center of trastevere or the bridge to cross the river. The apartment was small, but we didn't mind. Bathroom and beds were tidy and clean, but the photos shown are misleading. In the living room the table was covered with a very dirty plastic table cloth and the sofa was quite worn with stuffing coming out. That we could deal with, but we like to cook and the kitchen was very chaotic and the dishes and pots in the cabinets all needed to be washed before we could use them. Lots of old bottles of things from previous visitors. We made it work, but I probably would not stay here again - location was hard for us and we would have liked a tidier place to stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Rome is a great city. We enjoyed being away from the throngs of tourists.
Liked least: kitchen needs a clean out.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
28 Jul 2016
Dear Cadence I'm sorry that you found the kitchen to be untidy. I had temporarily changed cleaning lady and she had obviously not checked all the pans and changed the table cloth...there epwere plenty of clean table cloths in the cupboard if you had asked me. The bottles I leave in the cupboard are things I leave there for my guests ...olive oil, vinegar, coffee , teas salt ecc so my guests don't have to buy them. My guests have always appreciated this, but I would have gladly emptied the cabinets if you had asked me. As to the sofa it was covered with a clean thick coton cover so I'm sorry if the cushions underneath seemed worn. I have bought a new sofa since you stayed. I apologize again for any discomfort during your stay. Kind regards e
Bidingo
Bucharest, Romania
“Very good location in Rome”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in April 2016

The apt. while small, was sufficient for our family of three. The location is just right - across the bridge from the busy city center. Quiet neighborhood, close to reasonable restaurants, and in walking distance from almost everything.
The host was very kind as well.
Good ratio price-quality.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing