“Fresh seafood. Service so-so.”

Il Peperoncino d'Oro
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Il Peperoncino d'Oro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #945 of 13,894 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Ristorante Piccolo E Accogliente, Ambiente Intimo Ed Elegante , Grande Cucina Di Pesce Fresco Sia Crudo Che Cotto , Accompagnata Da Un' Ottima Selezione Di Vini Bianchi E Bollicine..
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I had read enough reviews to expect good food and poor service. These were pleasantly exceeded on both counts. The food was superb and service erratic but OK. The menu was more modern than I expected. The seafood was incredibly fresh. I'll go back on my next visit, for sure.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We ate here after reading reviews and due to its close proximity to our hotel. The food was delicious. I ordered the swordfish Roma style and enjoyed every last morsel. A very nice touch at the end was the free biscuits and limoncello.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Was staying in the area. Food is good. Tried a pasta and tuna, liked the homemade pasta better. Reason for just an average rating is the service. It is strange (to put it nicely) or bad (to put it bluntly). Perhaps he wasn't confident in English... is it too much to ask for an "excuse me" if the chair has been kicked accidentally. Not just once but several times and not once, he uttered anything, in any language.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Place is very small. 35-40 square meters top. Tables are very close to each other. But hey, the Food is amazingly great. Red Prawns, Cod emulsion were both tasty but delicate. Pasta with Clams awesome. Mix fried fish and grilled calamari were well prepared and fish was VERY FRESH. Must go.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this place because of reviews on here, but both meals,and service were nothing like the reviews. Even though we were the only people in the place,the reception was non existent. Waiter spoke little English, and looked like he wanted to be any place but at work. Asked for fizzy water no we don't have any. We were unsure what to order, as not used to big meals late at night, decided on carbonara, which said with tuna, but came with ham as usual. My husband had pasta with truffles, having ordered we were made to feel uncomfortable, and told and second course ? I explained we would have a desert. Huffed and walked away. Problems with wine, husband got last dregs of bottle of red, I got a larger glass of rose, but Italian girl who came later had a much larger glass of white. Food was ok, at least we didn't get up and walk away as another couple did. Italian young man on next table didn't like any of his food. Finally got waiters attention and asked for desert menu told amoretti mouse or tiramisu. Having lost the will to live just my husband had the amoretti mouse. Which turned out to be small liquor glass with whipped cream in bottom crumbs of amoretti topped with cream, very disappointing. To cap it all the bill which should have been 30% off as I booked on line, was far more expensive than other places we had paid full price in. No idea where they got the prices from. We were also charged 4 € each for cover charge, and didn't even get offered bread.. 2pasta starters, 1desert, 2glasses of wine, and a bottle of water €51, reduced to 36€. Fed up with whole experience, so paid and left.

1  Thank nan p