“Disappointed ”

Il Peperoncino d'Oro
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Il Peperoncino d'Oro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,289 of 13,068 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Ristorante Piccolo E Accogliente, Ambiente Intimo Ed Elegante , Grande Cucina Di Pesce Fresco Sia Crudo Che Cotto , Accompagnata Da Un' Ottima Selezione Di Vini Bianchi E Bollicine..
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this place because of reviews on here, but both meals,and service were nothing like the reviews. Even though we were the only people in the place,the reception was non existent. Waiter spoke little English, and looked like he wanted to be any place but at work. Asked for fizzy water no we don't have any. We were unsure what to order, as not used to big meals late at night, decided on carbonara, which said with tuna, but came with ham as usual. My husband had pasta with truffles, having ordered we were made to feel uncomfortable, and told and second course ? I explained we would have a desert. Huffed and walked away. Problems with wine, husband got last dregs of bottle of red, I got a larger glass of rose, but Italian girl who came later had a much larger glass of white. Food was ok, at least we didn't get up and walk away as another couple did. Italian young man on next table didn't like any of his food. Finally got waiters attention and asked for desert menu told amoretti mouse or tiramisu. Having lost the will to live just my husband had the amoretti mouse. Which turned out to be small liquor glass with whipped cream in bottom crumbs of amoretti topped with cream, very disappointing. To cap it all the bill which should have been 30% off as I booked on line, was far more expensive than other places we had paid full price in. No idea where they got the prices from. We were also charged 4 € each for cover charge, and didn't even get offered bread.. 2pasta starters, 1desert, 2glasses of wine, and a bottle of water €51, reduced to 36€. Fed up with whole experience, so paid and left.

1  Thank nan p

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We booked vis the fork. We were greated as regulars even though first time.presented the voucher for 30% discount were told they knew and applied to all we would order. Our waiter did not speak a lot of English..and the English menu did not exactly reflect what was served. The service was quick the atmosphere romantic and the food..well even though a bit different from the menu was devine.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

It is a tiny restaurant which probably accommodates up to 20 people. We booked a 7:30 reservation and were the first two people to arrive for dinner. Our waiter provided very good service by recommending a nice bottle of red wine and gave us time to enjoy it before ordering our meal. We each decided.to go for the full 4 courses. Each dish was piping hot and delicious with wonderful flavors! The freshness and the simple ingredients that were used made it an experience to remember in my visit to Rome. Would go back again!

1  Thank KaChunA
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We booked for a Sunday evening at 8pm. We received email and SMS confirmations and reminders. When we arrived at the restaurant it was closed. So disappointed.
The following evening we walked past this restaurant after 10pm. It was packed with a lot of people waiting for tables. Must e doing something right I suppose.

1  Thank Stewart S
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

My kids and I were truly impressed with this small restaurant in central Rome. We ordered the grilled octopus to share as a starter and once the kids had tasted it, even the suckers didn't put them off and we were all fighting over it. For mains, the kids had spaghetti carbonara (simple and tasty) and I had the seared tuna which was delicious. We tried the tiramisu and chocolate mousse for dessert which were both fabulous. The meal was fresh, tasty, very reasonable priced and the restaurant is run by some very personable chaps. I'd give this a higher rating if I could!