“Comfortable and Great Location with Gracious Hosts”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Geodino C
Antipolo
“Comfortable and Great Location with Gracious Hosts”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Elisa's place is not perfect for us but I am still giving it 5 stars. Allow me to explain.

We learned that her apartment is in one of those restricted residential areas where private cars (except for residents') are not allowed from morning until 7PM. Since we were arriving at the end of a two week Italian adventure, we had a lot of luggage and souvenirs packed into the trunk and back seat of our rental car, and meeting our host three blocks down and drag all our luggage through cobblestone streets was a gritty nightmare. Elisa, however, arranged for a friend, Elizabeth (who up to this day, I believe is a superwoman) to meet us and help with our luggage.

I had not paid close attention to the description of the location. What stuck in my mind was that it was at the mezzanine. I had a vision that it would be somewhat a half floor above the ground floor. But Elisa had described (and I did not read carefully) that it was the mezzanine between 2nd and 3rd floor. So hefting all our luggage again, surpassed an olympic event. Lesson to me: I should read descriptions more carefully.

But, I guess, we loved the photos of the place and were enamored of pictures of the balcony and little pockets of greenery that we did not pay much attention to the text. The balcony was in the courtyard with many other apartments around. Aside from being a restful place, one can witness small activities of life around. I felt like James Stewart in Hitchcock's "Rear Window". My wife and I enjoyed cooking our Italian meals made of fresh ingredients from groceries nearby then taking them out of into the balcony and dine at sunset which, on fading out, were replaced by little lights that automatically switched on at dusk.

The apartment had a collection of CDs which one could play amplified from a vintage cassette recorder. The TV was HD and a modern flat LCD and hooked to Italian channels. But we always carried some videos on laptops and I hooked up our HDMI cable into it for a late night movie.

The bed was very comfortable; soft and had good linen. And the bedroom even had those little lights on the ceiling that made it relaxing. Everything was tastefully appointed, with some edge into it. Not sure if that is called "shabby chic". The kitchen counter was painted concrete. And so was the bathtub, in orange.

Outside, on the street, Italian life bustles. We were in one of the three street legs from Piazza del Popolo and Spagna (Spanish Steps). We could never walk down the street uninterrrupted because there was always something to see in the shops. And Elisa made sure we knew everything there is to enjoy in the neighborhood and beyond. Before arriving, she actually sent me 10 messages of tips: gelaterias, ristorantes, osterias, groceries, transport options... I was almost embarrassed to admit I did not try them all.

TeresamA3...
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceeded all of my expectations!”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

from the much larger than I expected outdoor terrace with both a sunning area and outdoor dining space, to a very nicely kept compact apartment with a well equipped kitchen and a superb location right in the heart of charming shops and restaurants, this rental was a wonderful find. But what pushed it over the top was the help and assistance and wonderful attention and friendliness of the owner. I mean, seriously, she got me so many restaurant reservations ..even sourced out places that I could not remember the name of, looked up suggestions for best possible experiences for the Vatican etc. ( Friday night happy hour tour ) and was always there to help. The description was accurate re: the amount of stairs to reach the unit, but this was a minor factor especially since this put me higher up in the building and in a much better spot to get almost all day sun on the terrace... and I was there for a month.... I highly recommend this apartment !

Travelling group: Friends
Leon G
“Location location location !”
Reviewed 12 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Fantastic choice of accommodation , you could not get a more private yet central apartment in Rome for the money. Cosy apartment, beautiful traditional veranda, very helpful owner, they went over and above to ensure we had everything we needed, they suggested sights, food and gelato which was a very nice personal touch.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
london
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
jinfve
Berkeley, California
“quiet respite from busy city”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed with my grown daughter; it was a perfect mother-daughter vacation. Perhaps the greatest plus was the host, Elisa. She answered our emailed questions before we arrived, arranged private airport transportation both ways, helped with whatever we needed while we were there. The apartment is quiet, the terrace so inviting, the location central - between the Spanish Steps and Piazzo Popolo. Do be forewarned: 64 stone steps up!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: pull out bed
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing