“When your sick of traditional Italian food....”
Review of Mesob

Mesob
Ranked #1,800 of 13,868 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018

What a fantastic experience. We were so tired of Italian food after our 10th day in Italy, we decided to try something different. It was our first experience with Ethiopian food, and a terrific one at that. The food was wonderful and the service provided by owner Billy was helpful and friendly. Mesob is off the beaten path, but I highly suggest it even if you're in Rome only for a few nights. We will definitely be back to dine the next time we are in Rome!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We were so pleased with the hospitality of the great owners of this restaurant. They just make you feel like you are at your house or someone else’s home that you always have a pleasure to go for a visit.

The food was delicious , excellent service , and an excellent companion , a place that worth a visit if you are in Roma .

Araya and Helen

1  Thank arayamk78
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We had delicious lunch on Sunday. This place offers unique and authentic food from ethiopian food.Great service anf welcoming owner.The phone on the websit is not working,please use 3288506373 for reservations.

Enjoy

Reviewed 5 August 2018

The food was really good, but the service was even better. Staff was really friendly and spent at least 5min to talk to every guest. Atmosphere was casual and made us feel almost like we were in Africa. Definitely reccomend to visit Mesob.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Craving something other than pizza and pasta my husband and I sought out this little restaurant to try Ethiopian food for the first time.

We asked the waiter to reccomend some dishes for first timers, and he brought us a delicious selection of both meat and vegetarian dishes.

All of the dishes are served in a bread which you effectively use to scoop up your food, but I'm afraid we had to relent and ask for cutlery..

I wasn't keen on the bread at all, as I found it very doughy and it had a slight bitter taste. It was also cold, which I believe is the traditional way to serve it, but this in addition to the strange taste and texture, tempered my enjoyment of it.

We enjoyed trying all of the different dishes though, and sampling traditional Ethiopian food in a small but lovely setting. Very reasonably priced as well. Would probably return when in Rome again, but pass on the bread.

Been to Mesob? Share your experiences!