“Awesome Tour”

Free Tour Rome
Ranked #193 of 935 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visiting Rome? Join our diverse FREE walking tours in Rome. (based on tips only concept) For our tours offered is an payment of an booking fee required. Our professional and experienced tour guides work based on tips only. That means if you like the tour you can tip the guide afterwards appropriately. We offer affordable tours for every budget. We are the proud number ONE of Free tours offered in Rome with an wide range for everyone something... Tour the Vatican museum, Sistine chapel and Saint Peter's church - Tour the inside of the Colosseum with us and skip all waiting lines - Tour the Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere area or join us on the evening tours offered also much more we offer! Make your reservation today to asure your place on one or more of our Rome walking tours offered and come see it for yourself.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Took this tour last night with Marcello. We had an awesome time. Marcello was patient with all of us as we learned to ride the Segway. He was very knowledgeable about the sites we were to see and was always watching out for our safety. Rome is not an easy city to cross the streets. We stopped in a few areas for pictures and walking around and now have a better understanding of what I want to go back to in daylight. Well done and again we had a great time and highly recommend, getting Marcello.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)
All reviews
"booking fee"
in 20 reviews
"jewish ghetto and trastevere"
"free walking"
in 17 reviews
"sites"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our guide was knowledgeable and very skilled at story telling. She was also considerate of those who couldn't walk too fast and waited for the group to get together before starting her explanations, She was delightful. I am sorry I forgot her name already. She was a young lady with beautiful long curly hair from the south of Italy! Thank you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked 3 similar tours with different providers: this one was with native speaker - huge bonus, very informative!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did a paid vatican tour at €50 each and a 'free' classical Rome tour at €2.50 each.
I would not recommend the Vatican tour. Our tour guide told a few anecdotes about the Pope and Michelangelo which I enjoyed, she also explained a little about the symbolism of statues but over all she seemed flustered and stressed. In her defence the place was obnoxiously crowded, my perception may have been jaded because I was also in a foul mood due to the group we were in seeming hell bent on pushing and shoving other group members. The crowd was overall rude and offensive and spending 2 hours with them was frustrating.

The free tour was fantastic. Our guide had a passion for Rome and seemed extremely knowledgable about classical Roman history through to modern Italy. She had a great sense of humour and gave good detailed accounts of the stops along the tour. She really brought the ruins to life. With hindsight I would go for a free vatican tour, I'd love to have had this experience at the Vatican.

Been to Free Tour Rome? Share your experiences!