“Bedbugs! Avoid!”

Ranked #723 of 1,120 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Bedbugs! Avoid!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had an awful time in this hostel.

We found BEDBUGS in our bed in the morning. We've shown the bedbug to the manager who was unwilling to help. He said that he never had this problem and suggested it was our fault. After returning home, we saw plenty of Tripadvisor reviews on the hostel stating they had the same problem and that the hostel had bedbugs before.

Just avoid this hostel because of the mean staff and bedbugs!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Reviewed 13 January 2012

The rooms are very cold.The smell in tne room is very bad.The price is not good.Just breakfast is okey but the rest is awful.There is no elavator in hostel.Very bad hostel...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I did not plan to go Rome, i made this decision at the last min. I chose M&J coz it is close to the Rome termini and it is actually very central. You can visit many places in Rome starting from here, especially for bus, Metro and train. I love it. Very convenient. Room is worth to your money but I appreciated the support from staffs in the hostel, very helpful, and friendly. Thank you very much.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
barcelona
Reviewed 18 December 2011

# I stayed at this hostel for a night because I didn't know how long I will stay. It turned out to be really nice. The receptionists helped me out a lot and showed me all the good places to go to. There is so much to do in Rome! So I stayed for another 3 days to see and do 3 days at the hostel. Had loads of fun. Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fernando F
Tainan, Taiwan
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I really made a wrong choice staying in this hostel.

OK! They only accept CASH, no credit card. It's not convenient to me. Well, it's still ok.

The room is not clear as during my stay, I was bitten by fleas. Ooooppppssss..
Per e-mail communication, prices should be included internet and breakfast but the fact is : they have big special offer as long as I pay EURO 3, I can use Wifi till checking out but my Wifi quality is upmost terrible!!!! Breakfast also asks for EURO 3 for one meal!! I hate the cheat behavior so I would rather not EAT!!

Noise problem is serious. The bar is down stairs and it makes noises till middle night.

During my stay, I heard a girl was yelling loudly. She's arguing with one guy in their room and I still remember she's yelling : YOU STOLE MY MOMEY" What a awful hostel!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo