“Awful!”
Review of Clarin Hotel

Clarin Hotel
Ranked #422 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We stayed in Rome for 4 nights (28th Dec-1st Jan). We were given a room on the 4th floor. The room was shabby with dirty walls and the bathroom was a disgrace. The roof and wires were visible between open panels in the bathroom ceiling. There was also a 'service bathroom' beside our room which was being used throughout the night by a group staying down the corridor and the sound of the door being opened & slammed all night was awful. We complained & our room was changed to a slightly better room the following day which we were grateful for. The final straw came on the final morning. We had an early flight (11am) on New Years Day so decided to go down to breakfast at 7.30am which is the start time advertised around the hotel (breakfast was also included in the price of our stay). We arrived to no breakfast being ready & only a member of reception staff present. He said he didn't know when breakfast would be ready & that it could be 8am. We said we'd wait & he then went on to say it could be 8.30am. We decided to leave & ended up having to pay €15 for breakfast near the train station as it was one of few places open. Stay away from this hotel!!

Stayed: December 2016
There are newer reviews for Clarin Hotel

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed mostly at this hotel when we were in Room.last November 2016 a budget hotel but rooms and wash rooms were clean ( they clean them every day).Staff is really great and helpful all the time.Breakfast is good it's a small buffet and guess you get all you wanted to have for breakfast.very convenient for the historical places and other supermarkets and main train station and restaurants.We thank the staff for everything.If you are looking for a budget place with great comfort this is the place to be.really enjoyed our stay!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our short family trip to Rome using this as our base.
This hotel is no frills in a central location (only 8 mins walk from the Terminal).
Good points: Position & Price.
Bad Points: Very dark room, small bathroom & uncomfortable beds.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Initially, it's confusing finding the place because it feels like you're walking into someone's apartment block due to the lack of signage.
First of all everything seemed ok, on the front it all looks ok - the hotel is based just on the second floor of this old building which is plenty big enough and walking to the room it felt clean and modern.
However, after getting into the most cramped room my opinion changed, the bed was tiny and extremely uncomfortable, the air-conditioning would not turn on, the TV was so small and directed towards the wardrobe so I could barely see it anyway...
Then comes the bathroom, the toilet seat was broken and kept falling off, the shower doors needed wrestling with them for them to open properly and the shower itself didn't even get hot! The only times it would get hot was in the evening after running it for a good 10 minutes but in the mornings? No, it was cold shower or nothing and if you imagine the worst bedhair possible, going without a shower in the morning is not an option for me.

All of this however I could deal with if it wasn't for the complete racket constantly throughout the night, the reception staff were not bothered that families seemed to congregate in the narrow corridors and children would run up and down screeching at midnight. I have never stayed in a hotel where the doors are SO thin you can hear somebody whispering or probably even walking barefoot...
Not only that, the air-conditioning would just suddenly kick in at random times in the night for 20 seconds or so frightening me half to death as it sounded like an old truck starting up.

When you did finally get to sleep, the housekeeping would start up their hoovers at 8am and for the next 2 hours they would be hoovering the marble flooring in the hallways however without ever making anything cleaner because I would come in to my room and find dirt on the floor that I hadn't previously seen, on the day before my last I came in to find the bed half made and no towels. The guy at the reception desk seemed very agitated when I asked for some towels!

So in short, if you don't like showering and you rarely like sleeping then this is the perfect place for you, if however you do like to sleep, have heating/air-conditioning or be clean of a day then this is definitely not the place for you.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Just returned from rome for my partners 50th . Brilliant couple of days . 2nd time to rome and this trip was the best . The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful and polite . It is situated excellently to get around rome very easily . Loved my stay and will be staying here again . Hightlight for my trip away was a visit to stadio olympique to watch roma vs bologna . Atmosphere was amazing

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family