All reviews policlinico metro station gran sasso top floor hotel is located ham breakfast is served an excellent hotel junior suite highly recommend this hotel double bed comfortable rooms stayed here for nights location was perfect yogurt centre of rome visit to rome driveway
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Had a really lovely 3 night stay at the hotel Morgagni. The room we had was on the ground floor and was very spacious. The beds are comfy and the room was very clean. It had a lovely bathroom, plenty of storage and a safe. There was no tea making facilities in the room - HOWEVER, I think this is a very English expectation as I have never been in an Italian hotel with one, so bring your own travel kettle if you want one!

Breakfast was lovely. Fresh fruit, selections of cakes and pastries, cheese, ham, yoghurts, bacon, eggs... Even a pancake maker! Really everything you can want. Definitely fill up here before you go out! Breakfast is on the top floor which I think in Summer is an open balcony. There are plenty of heaters but if its really cold outside worth taking a jumper.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us a recommendation to go to the Osteria Gran Sasso down the road which was delicious! Full of locals and lovely, simple tasty food and a great price too - definitely try it!

I have seen comments on here about lack of social space, but the hotel is SO close and well connected to the centre of Rome you should not see this as a reason to put you off this lovely little hotel!

There is currently restoration work on the hotel, however they didn't start till maybe 10 and weren't there at the weekend or when it rained... SO we didn't really notice them! The hotel is quite an old hotel so you would expect it to need some works at some time!

I would definitely return to this hotel if I came back to Rome and would recommend it to friends too.

A few bits of advice from me:

You can borrow an umbrella at reception!

The metro is literally just across the road - go for a travel pass which includes unlimited metro and bus (24, 48 or 72 hours) and this line gets you anywhere in no time. About 15minutes from the Colosseum

There is a little supermarket just across the road on the right - pick up some picnic food and get your 16cent bottles from here on your way out as opposed to €2 EACH at tourist hot spots!

Coffee shop - directly opposite. Serves food and a really good cup of tea! Gets quite busy with locals at peak times (a good sign I think?!)

Tabacchi - about 2-3 minutes walk. Sells stamps for your post cards (don't go to the post office opposite as they don't sell stamps OR post letters. Mental...)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank moon1209
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Advantages:
Near to good bus route and metro station

Disadvantages:
No restaurant in hotel or near by. (Only a bar with snacks and a snack bar which closes at 7.30pm) (Even the staff ordered a delivery elsewhere)
Hotel undergoing a renovation outside so every where is enclosed in scaffolding and rooms are dark.
Expensive, dark and dingy bar in hotel.
Small reception with no where to socialize.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and had an amazing time. We had a room with balcony overlooking the city. The breakfast was just delicious and we were spoilt for choices. It was so nice of the staff to actually give us a bottle of milk at the breakfast for my little one.

The Room was good and they did recommend a local place for dinner that was every bit worth it.

In all a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ravi R
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Me and my boyfriend slept here for six nights. From the outside the hotel looks very cozy. The hotel room, however, was anything but cozy. The rooms are very small and very badly planned. For example, if you want to enter the minibar, the door opens on the side of the cabinet while the chill door opens in another direction. Add to that the room feels very outdated and slightly untouched.

There is an AC in the room where you can choose a temperature between 16-28 degrees. Too bad that AC did not work when the room was as hot no matter what temperature the AC was set to. I also doubt that there was working ventilation as the room quickly became acidic and confined. This meant that we always had to have the window open so as not to get a headache from too little oxygen.

The bed is about 140 cm wide and incredibly uncomfortable. Expect backache after a night's sleep. The reason that the bed is uncomfortable is that it is too soft and that the bed is incredibly bumpy. As a result, I almost bumped out of bed when the boyfriend turned to sleep. I suspect that this is not really a proper bed, but rather the extraction on a sofa bed. In the bed there is also no real blanket, but there is only a bed sheet and felt felt fuzzy.

In the shower was a string. However, there was no instruction whatsoever for the line. Me and my boyfriend ripped into the lace daily when we thought the lanyard was ready to put on the ventilation. On our sixth night at the hotel they rang from the lobby and wondered if we were doing well. It turned out that the line was meant to be used in acute illness or, for example, fell in the shower and could not get up on its own. This felt very unsafe as they did not react earlier when we safely pulled the string five times a day.

The toilet bowl was placed on the wall. However, the spool button had started to loosen from the wall, which sometimes caused water to flow constantly in the toilet, and sometimes it was not possible to flush at all. Felt very disgusting when I had bait and it was not possible to flush.

During the last night, our hotel room smelled strongly of ciggarette smoke. Turned out that the smoke smell came in through the ventilation in the bathroom. We ended up clogging the ventilator in the bathroom in order not to lie in a smoke cloud.

However, the staff were friendly and helpful.

If you are thinking of choosing this hotel, I strongly recommend that you consider it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EmmaUtanQ
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here. The Staff were so nice and helpful. Our room, 401, was perfect. Lovely comfortable big bed. Even had its own terrace from where we could see the snowcapped mountains in the distance. Breakfast was more than you could wish for. Good location, close to Metro and great restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you so much for making our time in Italy so enjoyable

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple