“Very poor standard B&B. ”
Review of Domus Palatina

and 1 more site!
Domus Palatina
Ranked #2,698 of 3,762 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were very disappointed with our 3 night stay. The towels were not changed and our bed was not made any day we were there. There was an unusual smell in the entrance which was very off putting when we arrived.

The day we were due to leave we asked to leave our bags in the B&B after we had checked out but the owner said this was not possible as he was having a half day - despite the fact on the website it says the reception is manned 9-5 every day.

Only positives are the price of this B&B and close location to train station.

Would not recommend if you want a romantic weekend away.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2015

My boyfriend and I booked this accommodation for 3 nights at the end of July and loved it!

We booked a double bed en-suite and both the bedroom and the bathroom were very clean and tidy upon arrival. The cleanliness was then maintained throughout the duration of our trip as the bathroom was cleaned, fresh bath mats provided and the bed made. The shower was powerful enough and provided hot water (despite reviews warning of cold water).
Breakfast was given each morning 10 minutes after requesting it. Toast, brioche, cereal, yogurts, orange juice and coffee was provided and this proved to be a sufficient amount of food for both of us.
Location wise, it is situated literally 2 minutes away from the central Termini station/metro which leads to every major tourist attraction. Or an approximated 20 minute walk can be taken to the sites.

The only minor issues with this hotel were firstly the not-so powerful A/C unit in the room, which on one night made it difficult to sleep as it became too warm. Secondly, the shower doors were slightly broken making it harder to shut them allowing water to trickle out onto the floor. However neither of these problems affected our stay overall!

Finally, Thomas, the manager on call during our stay was extremely helpful. He always prepared the food promptly and answered every question we had about the hotel or the surrounding area. Would definitely recommend this accommodation for a short stay, budget holiday, in Rome!

Room Tip: Working safe, cold fridge provided
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 13Kboon
Reviewed 15 October 2014

My daughter and I stayed here oct 8-12 while visiting Rome. Perfect location for site seeing in and around Rome. Near the termini station with restaurants and shops within a block or 2.
This B & B is located on the 3rd floor of an old building. Felt very safe as there a few doors to get through before our suite. Very small with 2 single beds and a tiny shower but worked perfectly for us.
Thomas is a great guy who is willing to help with directions or information. He brought us a nice breakfast every morning with the best cappuccino!
All in all I would definitely recommend this B & B and would return if back in Rome

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank porcina29
Reviewed 6 September 2014

This is not a hotel! it is a glorified B&B, very hard to find only having a small plaque on the wall, the receptionist comes down to you and from there on its keys and locks, in the lift (a small cupboard) the main door to the apartment (made into B&B) the reception, I asked for water (locked in a cupboard) I was actually staying elsewhere at a friends house and wanted to spend 2 days in Rome, the site omitted to tell me that I would need my passport! and so refused me to stay saying it was there countries rules? where was this information on the website? Booking.com but my money was taken from my bank account. no rating possible fro this place at all service was disgusting

Room Tip: make sure when you book it is a hotel and not a pidley B&B
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Grannigrev
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This place is close to the central station so was selected for that reason. The rooms are very small we wanted a twin room so the beds were also very small and not very comfortable also the bathroom was small and there was no where to put anything except on the toilet lid when using the bathroom. The breakfast is average. I would not stay here again although it was clean. There is not one English TV channel so no way to keep up with world news and we were there for 6 nights so not the best experience

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family