All reviews numidio quadrato metro station centre of rome croissants breakfast included ham breakfast room balcony neighborhood cheese ciampino
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is not your traditional hotel, it is more like a block of flats with a reception on the ground floor and a breakfast room on the 5th floor. There is alot of rubbish outside but then everywhere we went in the local vicinity was the same though i dont know why as we heard the bin collection every morning at around 6am.
The guest house is very clean although a bit tatty in areas, like door frames and skirting boards. Bed linen was clean although the throws on top looked like they weren't washed for every guest.
Breakfast was okay you get 1 croissant per guest, then there's bread, ham, cheese, eggs, cereal, cake, biscuits, yogurt tea and coffee and juice.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even researched the local train times for me and printed me a copy.
Free WiFi is a bonus at times I did find it difficult to connect to the internet but this only seemed to be around 10pm the rest of the time I had no problems.
The Metro is a short walk away in the town about 5 minutes max.
The only thing I didn't like was not having a safe deposit box in the room but we didn't have any problems with the items we left lying around in our room, at one point even the tip we left for the maid was there when we got back.
Good location for getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city but easy links back into the city. A 50 minute walk to the Catacombs.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

+comfy bed
+huge balcony
+near the station

Negatives:
+wifi : only in the lobby area
+hotel closes at 11 so you need to use another door to get in that is always open!! There is a residents area on the 2nd floor and they don't care to close it properly.
+elevator was ancient!! Missing buttons (and the door doesn't close properly, it also makes scary noises)
+no safety boxes
+no refrigerators
+ the breakfast buffet only lets you take 2 of each item max!!
+ the blow dryer is ancient!
+ rooms have only one lock and you have to lock it again with the same key on the inside to close the door
+mountains of trash in front of the building
+the whole area around the hotel was littered with garbage
+sketchy area
+stinks
+channels limited

Would I come back?
No. I guess it's good for students or people who are saving money.

I should have paid extra for a better hotel but hey! At least the room was clean.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

First impression was ruined by the amount of trash gathered in front of it. Only to see later that entire Rome is like this... Pretty disappointing.
Except for the sync which was malfunctioning and water went off too slow, the rest was pretty OK. I haven't picked a 4* hotel, after all.
Breakfast was symbolic, not something to offer you the energy to travel

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at the City Guest House for 4 nights.

It is basic accommodation with no frills, which was fine as you only sleep there. The room and bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The continental breakfast was adequate.

There is a nice cafe on the next street corner, where the locals hangout, with reasonably prized pizza, beer and coffee. A great place for a quick bite before you go to bed.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Hennie B
Reviewed 16 April 2017

This has simple accommodation which is spotlessly clean and a very comfy bed, which a major plus after a hard days walking. The maids came in each day which I wasn't expecting and were very friendly. The breakfast was continental and adequate to start the day. It says that a hair drier is supplied but I recommend taking your own, it was a warm blower attached to the wall and took ages to dry. Also we had some trouble getting internet but it could have been where our room was situated and we couldn't get satellite TV which was in the blurb, to be fair we didn't query this as it wasn't that important. The CGH is situated approx a 5 minute walk from the metro which is great and I'd say this is a major plus for the accommodation. The area around is quite poor, lots of graffiti etc but we didn't feel unsafe at all. Also restaurants are hard to find, the one attached to CGH is great and probably worth just going there as you could have something different each night. DO NOT attempt the Chinese in the side street opposite, it was clean and staff pleasant but food was awful. All in all if you're after simple, reasonable accommodation which is convenient to Rome I would recommend but just don't go expecting luxury.

Room tip: All rooms are on 3rd or 4th floor, I'd request a balcony as we like to have some outside space.
Date of stay: April 2017