“İskender!”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Food and service was excellent. I never had ate that delicious İskender Döner in my life! Must go place in Rome! :) Try also sarma, cherkez tavuk and eggplant salad!

1  Thank Ylkär A

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Price quality and service were outstanding. Amazing must try. Family owned. They are so educated and polite. Know so many languages. I felt like home.

1  Thank 488Sarah_S_12488
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Everything is delicious. Clean and beautiful atmoshpere.when you come in rome should try! Excellent!!!!!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The food was excellent and the service also impecable. The wine list was rather limited... only possible to choose between 4 redwines and 4 whitewines

1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The restaurant is very small, and I can't say that the decoration is nice or pretty, but for some reason it felt very authentic (I say 'felt' because I've never been to Turkey).
When we went there were only a couple other tables, so the service was very attentive and thorough. Our waiter asked if we needed any help with the menu and was kind to explain things to us and suggest plates in line with some specific dietary needs.
The food was really very good! I had no idea what to expect from Turkish food, but I was happily surprised. We had a fava cream, and a baked eggplant to start. For our mains we chose meat dishes that I can't remember the names of, both of which were very good and came in large portions.
We skipped dessert and got tea, which the lady who seemed to be the owner actually took off of our final bill.
The price was around 30 euro a person.
I'm not giving this a higher rating only because it felt a little bit dingy inside (not in terms of cleanliness--both the dining room and the bathrooms very exceptionally clean, but more in terms of lighting and decoration), and also because I immediately started to have a bit of stomachache after we left....which is really a shame, because I'd like to go back.
What can I say, if you've got a strong stomach, give it a try.