“Great apartment!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa Patrizia

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
fold-out bed in separate room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Calgary
“Great apartment!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This rental had all necessary amenities and then some. Patrizia really has thought of everything. The place was extremely clean and homey. The gift basket we received on arrival was a wonderful and appreciated surprise! The location of the apartment was perfect: close to St Peter's and a local market. The kitchen contained everything we needed to make a few fabulous home cooked meals and have espresso in the mornings. My only recommendation is when a booking deposit has been given to provide the renter with a photo of the outside of the building. The reason I say this is our cab driver dropped us off in front of the wrong building and we didn't know any better so we stood outside this building waiting for about 45mins as we had no mobile to contact Patrizia. If I knew what the building l looked like I would have been able to locate it easier.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Liked best: Location, Cleanliness, and Amenities
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
nkechim27
Rahway, New Jersey
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

First time to Rome. I traveled alone for the first week and my partner met me for the second. I was nervous traveling by myself, but Patrizia made it very simple. Her son met me when I got off the train and brought me to the apt. It really coulnd't have been an easier process. Paid the deposit and rent (which was promptly returned on check-out), got the keys and I was all set. Patrizia and her family live right next door, so they are available if something comes up. Her son speaks English.

Very safe location. Right down the street from the train, a grocery store, restaurants, gelaterias, and the Vatican, etc. She left me a surprise welcome basket that made me feel very very welcome - wine, cookies, other food items. I went grocery shopping the second day and ended up cooking for myself a meal or two, which was nice. The apartment is very clean. It came with a clothes washer and dishwasher (you can't get that in most hotels). WiFi worked great.

I really can't say enough good about this place. If/when I visit Italy again, I have zero question about where I plan to stay. It really felt like a home away from home. My (now) fiance feels the same way.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ease of acess, location, friendliness/customer service
Liked least: Nothing
DMS80
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

Casa Patrizia is the perfect place to stay in Rome! The apartment was beautiful and immaculate. I have stayed in many hotel rooms and do not believe I have ever stayed in one as clean as this apartment. There was nothing we could have wanted for -- we were met at the train station, provided a lovely gift basket upon arrival, had every amenity available to us. The apartment was so well stocked with anything and everything we could have needed -- they have thought of everything! It was so comfortable...we felt very much at home. The location is perfect -- a short five minute walk to the Vatican. It was so great to walk through St. Peter's Square every evening on our way 'home'. Walking to anywhere was easy and made us feel as if we were experiencing Rome as locals. I've stayed in a number of hotels in different parts of Rome in the past which were all great. But when we come back again, without a doubt, we will look to stay at Casa Patrizia! Truly fabulous! Grazie mille!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Every attention to detail
Liked least: There was nothing not to like!
Friends getaway Older travelers
benjyk
East Sussex
“Excellent appartment and location for the Vatican”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I agree with all previous comments, so won't repeat too much. The appartment in fully equipt and everything seems to have been thought of. I could have arrived with just clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste. We travelled to Fiumicino airport and took the train to Stazione San Pietro which is situatied at the top of the road, so an easy transfer (you do need to change train). Cost was around 8 Euros each for a 30 minute journey.
We were met by Patrizias son who has perfect English. He showed us around the appartment and gave us the keys.
The appartment is on the 4th floor and is serviced by a small lift. There is a small shop nearby selling fresh fruit and veg; plus a Carre Four at the top of the parallel road should you want to do a larger more specific shop.
This appartment is literally less than 5 minutes walk from the Vatican and so ideally situated if you want to see the Pope at midday on Sunday. We left early, arriving in St Peters Square at around 09.00. On the day that we went, we could have arrived at 10.30 and still got a reasonable spot.Turn right at the garage for the underpass - this does cut walking time down to St Peters. We arrived in the appartment at around 2pm and decided to look around the immediate area and ended up at the Cistine chapel avoiding all queues. We arrived at the entrance at 3.40 and walked straight in (admissions stop at 4.00). Queues for The Colosseum and St Peter Bastillica are inevitable - but in our experience, they moved quickly so don't be put off.
For info - a printed bus timetable does not exist. We spent a few hours on Saturday finding this out. It does make the whole travelling by bus a little hit and miss - but we bought a map of public transport from the Toursist Infomation near the colosseum from which we were able to work out what busses serviced each site, but not necessarily where the bus stops were. The number 64 goes from the station at the top of the road. This ends at Termini from where you can get any bus to any location. Bus tickets need to be bought in advance at a cost of 1.5 Euro per journey or 6 Euros a day (can be used on metro too)
The only restaurant we ate at in the area was Camedda in Via delle Fornaci - very pleasant service and lovely food.
I would have no hesitation at recommending this appartment to friends and family

Liked best: Appartment and location
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing