All reviews rooftop bar trastevere area church bells restaurants and bars rooms are small lovely little hotel the hotel staff breakfast room boutique hotel decent size pastries public transport nice bathroom the hotel is clean quiet street cold meats the air conditioning
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 14-April. It was last minute booking based on trip advisor reviews and website pictures. First, breakfast was not free. It cost 15 euros for two people and had to be added at time of booking. Pictures on the website for breakfast were not accurate - there was no eggs, bacon, greens. It was a very basic continental breakfast. Nothing hot.
Second - the walls are paper thin. When the guys phone in next room beeped from his text massages, I thought it was my phone. And if you can hear that - just imagine what else you can hear. And lastly, the rooms are worn out. Flooring was ripped, there was absolutely no ventilation in the room and the mostly everything needed repairs (handle in shower, taps,
Shower head.. and a dozen other things). DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We have just arrived back home today and our stay was fantastic in this Hotel just outside the city . It was very clean staff were very friendly rooms were cleaned Daly and its early accessible go the city short walk or tram no 8 . Roof top bar was not open yet but was nice up there . Beautiful restraunts and bars in the area also .

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We are just back after a one week stay in Rome. We wanted to stay somewhere with decent restaurants in the neighbourhood away from the tourist traps and our guidebook suggested Trastevere and we chose the San Francesco. It is not the most expensive hotel but we chose it for it’s location and affordability. We were pleasantly surprised by just how good this hotel turned out to be.

The staff at the reception were excellent and attentive, those serving the breakfasts, (and providing the coffee) were equally so and the cleaners were really good and gave the rooms a thorough clean with change of towels every day.

The rooms were not big and there was not a lot of room around the (very comfortable) double bed, but the bathroom was surprisingly large, with a opening window, walk in shower, bidet and large basin. The rooms also had a built in wardrobe, combination safe, a small fridge and a TV. Everything that we needed.

The hotel’s rooftop bar does not open until June so we missed that but the hotel does have a small bar and it is just a short walk away from excellent cafes, bars and restaurants. Any of your questions will be answered by the staff (the reception is manned 24hrs) and there is easy access into the city and the airport via buses, trams and trains.

I loved the Trastevere area and felt much happier with the choices of bars and restaurants there than in the centre. I would happily return to this hotel when I revisit Rome.

1  Thank 946chrisg
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to Rome many times. The San Francisco is the most delightful hotel, the best. Mom felt like Eloise at the Plaza. Mateo was very helpful, in fact, the entire staff was attentive and full of information. Ice brought to our room, cabs called, coffee always available, we will come back.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I stayed here for a week off-season and got a really good price. I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel is tidy, the cleaning staff do a good job, and the desk staff were very helpful. It's a short walk from dozens if not hundreds of local eateries, and it's very close to two trams and a number of buses, so you're not far from any of the sights of the city. The mattress was too firm for my preference, but that's really the only negative thing I could say about my visit.

• Trip type: Travelled solo