All reviews spanish steps central courtyard living room within walking distance sitting area upgraded to a suite front desk staff stay at this hotel again breakfast was excellent perfect location room was large borghese gardens trevi fountain walked everywhere charming hotel visited rome central rome
Reviewed 31 October 2018

A long-time friend and I chose Italy to celebrate. This hotel served us well. We had a suite: the bedroom plus a dining and living room. Restaurants and many sights were within easy walking distance. In addition, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. When the room was not cool enough, someone came immediately and set it as low as possible. Each morning, we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. For an evening cocktail, the courtyard was lovely. I would stay here again.

Room tip: My traveling friend and I both had suites that served us well.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Residenza di Ripetta is unique. It is in in a great location--walkable to almost all historic sites in central Rome. The building itself is a historic site--several hundred years old--on a very historic quiet (by Rome standards) street in central Rome. Every room in the hotel is different, and the hotel is furnished to feel like guests are living in the 19th or early 20th century. The guests are a mix of business travelers and tourists. The hotel's small size and location on a small street make it inconvenient to accommodate large tour groups. Very good breakfast. Very comfortable beds and linens. The rooms are unusually large for a hotel of this type, but showers are a bit cramped. This is mentioned not because it was an issue, but only to alert future guests so that they will not be surprised and complain. The service is excellent, and speaking only English is not a problem. I will stay at this hotel again, and I recommend it highly.

Room tip: The hotel is a historic building. But it is very clean and been modernized as much as practical without destroying its historic character.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
direzione_RDR, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear WILLIAM M
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers and thank you for your nice feedback
I am very happy that you enjoyed the style of the hotel and the rooms as well.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and the position of the hotel.
We hope to have you as our valuable guest again at Residenza di Ripetta
The management

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and after reading previous reviews we thought yes some of the arguments were true but we kept an open mind and feel different about the negatives that were described. Yes the place is old but that’s expected in Rome isn’t it? And the old and worn suited the style of the place. It would be wrong to modernise it and allow it to lose its character. Yes maybe a bit of paint here or there but not a total overhaul. Yes the shower was small but seriously how much time did one spend in it? And the wifi wasn’t working in our room but when we told the front desk they were lovely about it and had someone come to our room to help us. They were in no way rude only helpful and concerned. If you want to experience an authentic place, stay there. If you want to feel welcomed on arrival and every time you step in and out of the building, stay there. If you want to feel part of Rome and be close to everything to see in Rome, stay there. We would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear lisac092018,

first of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
I am glad that your had an overall good experience at Residenza di Ripetta and we met your expectations during your stay.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed the style and the position of the hotel and above all I am glad that you enjoyed the attitude of the staff who is always trying to do the best to satisfy our guest's needs.
We all hope to see you very soon in the heart of the Eternal city and to have you as our valuable guest.
The Management

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I’m sure this hotel was a gem at one point but frankly, it’s just an old, worn and tired relic now.

Our check-in was less than friendly, our room was filthy, wi-fi didn’t work, missing pillows and other basics. The staff looked embarrassed as they had to bring us numerous items.

When I asked about wi-fi problems, the front desk shrugged at me. When we needed ice for my mom’s knee, we were told it was too late yet the bar was still open. I went down and got it myself.

There is a nice courtyard and our breakfast was pretty good. The gal at check-out was very nice and helpful after our car service did a no-show. Good location.

However, the hotel desperately needs an updating and a thorough cleaning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Bogart45,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Residenza di Ripetta. I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
I will certainly investigate with all the involved departments about all the issues mentioned in your review, to makes sure these inconveniences will no longer happen
Please do not hesitate to contact me directy if you wish to further discuss this issue

Kind regards,
Matteo Moretti
Hotel Manager

I

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

As I lay here sweating on the 3rd night of our visit I felt the need to send this e mail. We have been in Europe for 2 week’s and this easily is the worst “4 Star Hotel” we have stayed at. The amenities are nice. However, the WiFi never worked in our room (it did however, throughout the hotel, and neither did the couple who stayed next to us work). The room needs a tremendous amount of updating. The tub is small (just make it a shower only please). So much so as to when you take a shower the flimsy shower curtain sticks to you when you shower. Very gross. But the worst part was the AC. It NEVER got the room cool, and there is black mold around the AC cabinet.

To summarize- the hotel itself is nice but the rooms need some serious updating and lipstick. There is no way this is a 4 Star Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple