All reviews spanish steps central courtyard living room within walking distance sitting area upgraded to a suite front desk staff stay at this hotel again breakfast was excellent perfect location room was large borghese gardens trevi fountain walked everywhere charming hotel visited rome central rome
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and after reading previous reviews we thought yes some of the arguments were true but we kept an open mind and feel different about the negatives that were described. Yes the place is old but that’s expected in Rome isn’t it? And the old and worn suited the style of the place. It would be wrong to modernise it and allow it to lose its character. Yes maybe a bit of paint here or there but not a total overhaul. Yes the shower was small but seriously how much time did one spend in it? And the wifi wasn’t working in our room but when we told the front desk they were lovely about it and had someone come to our room to help us. They were in no way rude only helpful and concerned. If you want to experience an authentic place, stay there. If you want to feel welcomed on arrival and every time you step in and out of the building, stay there. If you want to feel part of Rome and be close to everything to see in Rome, stay there. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
direzione_RDR, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear lisac092018,

first of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
I am glad that your had an overall good experience at Residenza di Ripetta and we met your expectations during your stay.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed the style and the position of the hotel and above all I am glad that you enjoyed the attitude of the staff who is always trying to do the best to satisfy our guest's needs.
We all hope to see you very soon in the heart of the Eternal city and to have you as our valuable guest.
The Management

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I’m sure this hotel was a gem at one point but frankly, it’s just an old, worn and tired relic now.

Our check-in was less than friendly, our room was filthy, wi-fi didn’t work, missing pillows and other basics. The staff looked embarrassed as they had to bring us numerous items.

When I asked about wi-fi problems, the front desk shrugged at me. When we needed ice for my mom’s knee, we were told it was too late yet the bar was still open. I went down and got it myself.

There is a nice courtyard and our breakfast was pretty good. The gal at check-out was very nice and helpful after our car service did a no-show. Good location.

However, the hotel desperately needs an updating and a thorough cleaning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Bogart45,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at Residenza di Ripetta. I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
I will certainly investigate with all the involved departments about all the issues mentioned in your review, to makes sure these inconveniences will no longer happen
Please do not hesitate to contact me directy if you wish to further discuss this issue

Kind regards,

I

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

As I lay here sweating on the 3rd night of our visit I felt the need to send this e mail. We have been in Europe for 2 week’s and this easily is the worst “4 Star Hotel” we have stayed at. The amenities are nice. However, the WiFi never worked in our room (it did however, throughout the hotel, and neither did the couple who stayed next to us work). The room needs a tremendous amount of updating. The tub is small (just make it a shower only please). So much so as to when you take a shower the flimsy shower curtain sticks to you when you shower. Very gross. But the worst part was the AC. It NEVER got the room cool, and there is black mold around the AC cabinet.

To summarize- the hotel itself is nice but the rooms need some serious updating and lipstick. There is no way this is a 4 Star Hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great location for getting to all the main attractions in the city. It was wonderful to be able to dump our bags and walk everywhere in the true European style.

Front desk service was hit or miss depending on who was working and the restaurant recommendations were average at best. Our favorite meals in Rome actually came from places that we researched ourselves.

The breakfast option was a great feature of the hotel especially as you could sit in the courtyard and enjoy the scenery before heading out for the day. plenty of options for both the meat eaters and vegetarian in the group and the teenager loved the fact that she could go back and refill her plate

The courtyard was a great setting for a late evening coffee when returning for dinner and the bar staff out there were very helpful

Couple of down sides in the room which was a superior suite. The shower curtain seemed very static so stuck to you as you were showering. With no light over the shower the lighting was horrible when showering as any light was then blocked by the shower curtain. The room needed some new paint to freshen up but that added to the character

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Jane W,
first of all thank you for choosing Residenza di Ripetta for your stay in Rome. I am glad that you enjoyed the central position of the hotel which is close to the main touristic attraction and the main shopping streets.
I am sorry that you found the restaurant suggestions that the front desk staff gave you as average, as we always had great feedback from custumers; however I am glad that you found your favourite place where to eat.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast in our beautiful inner courtyard.
I apologize if the room we assigned you did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of doing some refurbishment by painting the rooms and the housekeeping is replacing the shower curtains
We hope to have you again as our valuable guest at Residenza di Ripetta for your next stay in the Eternal City
Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2018

Nice inexpensive hotel within walking distance to many attractions, Coluseum, Panthem, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and tons of shopping, literally in each back lane for famous branded products!

Room tip: Buy your own water as each bottle cost EU3. They need to let their customers know in advance of these charges.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Patrick C
I would like to thank you for being our guest at Residenza di Ripetta. I am happy that you enjoyed the central position of the hotel.
Please feel free to contact us for any other future bookings for your next stay in the Eternal City
Best Regards,