All reviews spanish steps central courtyard living room within walking distance sitting area upgraded to a suite front desk staff stay at this hotel again breakfast was excellent perfect location room was large borghese gardens trevi fountain walked everywhere charming hotel visited rome central rome
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Ripetta is the quietest of the three main roads coming off Piazza di Spagna so this hotel manages to avoid the hustle and still be superbly located for many Roman sights. The common areas are really nice, with large comfortable lounges and a beautiful courtyard garden. Breakfast is a real delight, with a very good buffet that you can eat in the garden accompanied by singing birds. My room was the weakest link. Nothing particularly wrong with it -- the bed was comfortable, the bathroom functional -- but it was a bit dark, the decor could have used a bit of freshening up, and there aren't enough plugs. But in Rome, your room is the least important thing: if you're doing anything other than sleeping or showering, you're missing something worth seeing. I didn't have much to ask the staff but they seemed friendly and helpful. Note there's no gym at the hotel, but the nearby Borghese gardens are great for running.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Marcopolo 1964,
thank you for you nice feedback and to have shared your experience at Residenza di Ripetta with other travellers. I am glad that you liked the central position of the hotel which is very closed to the most beautiful touristic attractions. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast selection as well as our lounges and common areas. However, I am deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations on the rooms, Residenza di Ripetta is a former convent of 17th century and we want to keep the style of the building, In addition, being an historical building we are not allowed to make any structural interventions. However, our front desk staff would have been happy to assist you with additional cables.
I hope to have you as our valuable guest again at Residenza di Ripetta for your next stay in the Eternal City.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Carpet is stained, room quality is poor, staircase to upstairs is horrible. Master bedroom never cooled down below 25 degrees celsius, upstairs even worse, never below 30. Lining room ws about 20 degrees celsius. Beds were hard and uncomfortable. Staff were pleasant and helpful. However a very poor room with lousy air conditioning.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Don,

thank you for sharing your experience at Residenza di Ripetta. I am sorry that we did not met your expectations.Our gues feeback is always important to check our quality standard and establish new goals.

I would like to inform you that we have replaced some of the AC units and now they should be working properly.

Our housekeeping staff is organizing an extraordinary cleaning of the rooms and common areas as well with some professional cleaning machines to remove the stains in the carpet, and where it is not possibile we will replace the carpet.

I hope you will reconsider Residenza di Ripetta for future stays and you will see the improvements that we have done.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 July 2018

This hotel is designed for a longer term stay with more than 3 people in a room. Great location next to Piazza de Popolo and near the Spanish Steps. Nice breakfast. Our room was very large with 2 levels. Now for the important stuff - everything about the room was cheap and in bad repair. There were 4 A/C units in the suite and only 2 worked when we arrived, after the 2nd repair call, 3 worked the last one was "dead". The bathroom was dated and less than pristine with blood stains on the back of the door - really gross. The furniture was extensively stained and covered with ink drawings from a young child, I assume. The towels and sheets were fairly new and clean though. I could go on but I would NEVER stay here again EVER. About $450/ night for 4 people with breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear John,
First of all, thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers about your stay at Residenza di Ripetta.
I am terribly sorry we did not satisfy your expectations.
Residenza di Ripetta is a former convent from 17th century and therefore we want to preserve the style of the building. I am aware that there is some refurbishment to be done and for this reason our maintanance staff is working everyday to improve the conditions of the hotel, by repainting the walls of the rooms and the common areas as well. In addition, I would like to inform you that we have recencty replaced some AC units that were not working properly. I would like to point out that the stains you have found on the walls and door of the bathroom was not blood. In fact, the room you have booked was occupied by a family the night prior your arrival, and their kids played with a game and they spotted the bathroom. Unfortunately, the hotel was completely booked and we did not have the chance to move you to another room. However, I would like to inform you that our housekeeping department is organizing a deep cleaning in order to remove the stains As the cleaning of the carpets, we are using some new professional machines to clean the carpets and we will replace it where necessary.

Please do not hesitate to provide me with your phone number or email address if you wish you discuss further your experience here at Residenza di Ripetta.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms are clean and spacious. A delicious Breakfast is served in their garden for a pleasant atmosphere. Easy access to museums and other tourist sites. Hotel staff were responsive to our requests. Garden area is also a nice place for pre-dinner drinks.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Moretti_Matteo, Direttore at Residenza di Ripetta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear DWMorrison,

thank you for sharing your experience at Residenza di Ripetta with other travellers.

I am very happy to read that your stay at Residenza di Ripetta was positive and we met all your expectations. I will definetely share your review with all my staff as an incentive as we do always our best to satisfy any request of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you again at and please do not hesitate to contact us for any other reservation

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We enjoyed our stay here.

The room was large and suited as we were 4 people. The pull out beds were a bit lumpy. The air con we found difficult to control so we turned it off at night. The maids take their jobs very seriously, so much so, when we were in the room we had to have do not disturb on the door or they would come in as early as 8am.

The hotel is old but has character. Breakfast was delicious and had a lot of variety. We were very happy with it. Service was welcoming upon arrival, however when we had an issue with the wifi and nothing would connect, we didn't get much help until it corrected itself next day.

Location is marvellous. So central, we walked everywhere! The lounge rooms are beautiful and have very comfy chairs, would nearly sleep in them.

Overall there are some pluses and some minor negatives. I would probably stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Louise,

thank you for your valuable review. It is very important for us to have feedback from our guests in order to improve our standard of service.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the central position of the hotel and that the common areas.

I am sorry that the pull out beds were not comfortable, we are in the process of replacing some of them.

As for the housekeeping service, normally in the hotels the cleaning starts at 8 am in the morning but I apologize if they disturb you early in the morning.

As regards as the wifi, we replaced the wifi with a new internet connection 100mb dedicated to our guest and there were some issues during the switch and I apologize for this inconvenience

I hope to have you as our valuable guest again at Residenza di Ripetta and please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to book your next stay in the Eternal City.

Kind regards,