“LO.AN Hotels manages Hotel Sole Roma like an overbooked airline”
Review of Hotel Sole Roma

Hotel Sole Roma
Ranked #695 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I have been referring friends & family members to Hotel Sole Roma for 17 years and reserved a room for myself for four nights in June 2017. I arrived mid afternoon & was jet lagged after 2 international flights and 20 hours of travel. I was told that the hotel was booked & they did not have a room for me even though they acknowledged my reservation. Meanwhile, a young couple arrived & checked in (age discrimination? - I am a 68 year old female). A staff member grabbed my suitcase & told me not to worry, I would be staying next door. I struggled to keep up as he (and my suitcase) walked several blocks before we arrived at a large old hotel on a very busy street. The woman working at the first desk said not to worry, I would only be charged the city tax of 4 euros per night for my room. She took me to the 2nd floor which was clearly under construction with workmen everywhere. The air conditioning was not working in my room and it was 90 degrees outside. I asked to be moved to another floor and was told that nothing was available. I kept calling the front desk & finally was taken up an isolated small staircase leading to a small, unmarked room. It was clean so I agreed to stay there. After 3 nights, I was told that I would need to pay the full price for the fourth night. I declined and demanded to go back to Hotel Sole Roma. Once again, I was told that it was booked & no rooms were available. I refused to leave and they finally gave me a room for the night. When I checked out the next day, I learned that they had charged me for all 4 nights even though I had only stayed 1 night. I asked to talk with the manager and was told that there was not one on duty. The hotel clerk acknowledged that they routinely overbook their rooms. He said, "After all, people cancel all of the time for a variety of reasons". It is sad to see a former family run hotel now managed by a large corporation with no concern for their guests. You take a risk of being turned away if you make reservations to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not make a reservation to stay here because they overbook and may not honor it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank csnixon1

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I liked this place, It's traditional (allegedly the oldest hotel in Rome). The location is superb, the staff are terrific. In a heatwave it was nice to see that they have excellent aircon. It's a bit of a rabbit-warren of a building but the rooms are reasonably-sized, and the beds and the linen are very good. It has an extensive roof terrace which is unusual and a god place to escape the noisy streets for a while.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sole Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear "Tom M" ,
Thank you very much for positive feedback and for your kind "4 star" review!
I'm very glad to know that you loved the Hotel Sole Roma especially for the location , the staff, cleanliness our well Trained Staff and Breakfast offered in the morning .
We are very much grateful for your compliments and are so happy you will plan a new visit here with us )!
We hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our excellent service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.
With best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter is staying here and I am visiting with her for a week. Centrally located to all attractions. Easy to get taxi. Lots of restaurants. Outdoor market for fresh fruit is a wonderful plus. Safe. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sole Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear "Joan S",
Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay and to have chosen our "Htl Sole Roma".
I am delighted to read such a gleaming report of our service, kind assistance and good quality price value. Your advice and suggestions will be of great help for future guests in order to get more familiar with location, connections and facilities.
It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.
The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to keep up the good work.
We hope to see you at the Htl Sole Roma again in the future,

Reviewed 30 May 2017

On check-in with an unapologetic " there was a problem with your reservation" I was informed that I had been booked into another of "their hotels" just around the corned. It turned out the hotel was situated on one of the busiest roads in Rome center and of course my room right on it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sole Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear "Ost33333"
Thank you for your comments, in which you drew our attention to your non experience at the Htl Sole Roma.
We are very sorry to hear that you had this inconvenience at your arrival we couldn't predict in advance.
We apologize if the room assigned at the other Htl at your arrival affected negatively your stay with the result of a personal perception of below average experience.
Our aim is that every guest who visits us enjoys their stay as fully and as richly as possible. We trust that should you ever return to Rome, you will consider giving us an opportunity to counter your criticisms by visiting us again.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Old, very old. Dirty. Broken walls. Broken tiles. Fungus in the tub. Hair on the bathroom floor and bed. Not even remotely similar to what is advertised on the hotel page or booking.com. Even the perfect location can't compensate all downsides. Beyond disappointing.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Loan_Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Sole Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Dear "Sandra S"
Thank you for your comments, in which you drew our attention to your experience while guest at the Htl Sole Roma.
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not as positive as the ones of other guests who reported their comments on this site.
We apologize if the room assigned at your arrival affected negatively your stay with the result of a personal perception of below average experience.
With kind regards,