All reviewsbase to exploretermini stationcomfortable roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulan ideal locationsingle roomtrip to romequiet at nightwithin walking distanceon footwould definitely stay here againeurosproximitybusescolosseumsights
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Just checked out of Hotel Europa and got to say it was not what I expected for a 4 star hotel.

The good:
Great location to the main train station. 5 minute walk at most.

The bad:
WiFi does not work in the rooms. Both their website and expedia claim that there in wifi in the rooms. Wrong.

You have no control over the thermostat. Even though it is in the room, and you can change it, no luck.

The ugly:
I stayed in 2 seperate ones. The first one was the cheapest booking they had online. The second booking with an upgrade, another 20 euros a night or so. Upon check in, front desk wanted to put me in the cheap room for all my nights. When I said no and that I would be checking out and back in again to get my nicer room the next morning, they were less than impressed. The cheap room was gross. Bathroom was not clean and toilet seat had fair amount of urine on it. Rather than complain to the front desk, I ignored it.

Next morning i checked out and back into my other booking. Must bigger room. Bathroom still gross. Other people's hair in the shower. Urine on the wall by the toilet. Not impressed.

Checked out this morning to find that on top of the hotel tax, which is fine, they attempted to charge me almost 20 euros for the mini bar. I never even touched the mini bar and to boot, it was empty. I told the front desk that that was impossible as it hadn't touched it, it was empty and for 3 days I had the do not disturbe sign on the door. After 10 minutes of arguing with me, he gave up. I feel like he was trying to pocket a little extra. Not cool. Would not recommend and will not stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing trip to Italy. I was not familiar with this country at all, in fact it was my very first time in Europe. The hotel was small and not very impressive but it was clean and the front desk personnel were outstanding! Bruno was always pleasant and helpful. There were some other beautiful ladies who worked the front desk as well that made my stay warm and enjoyable! I may not pick this hotel again only due to the location, I think I will try the hotels that's closer to the Spanish Steps. Overall very enjoyable and amazing sites!

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Decent enough hotel for what you need in a city break. Decent sized room that was clean. We didn't eat at the hotel as you are missing out not exploring Rome for places to eat.
We had a room with beds that offered a messaging feature which, as kinky as they sound, serve no real purpose. But they didn't charge us any more, so no point to complain about it.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
HotelEuropaRoma, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Sean,

thank you for your time in reviewing your stay at Hotel Europa and thank you for your kind words.
Please come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Just back from a 5 day sight seeing trip to Rome, Stayed in the hotel Europa half board, the staff were warm , welcoming and helpful from the moment of arrival till departure, rooms are clean, WiFi not good in rooms or the restaurant but perfect in reception and bar/TV area, train and bus station 5 minute walk to all major attraction, or roughly 20 minute walk to Colosseum/Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, would advise that if attending any attractions i.e The Vatican, Colosseum go with a tour guide or you can stand in line to gain entry for up to 3 hours

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Julie,

thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate our restaurant and service!
Your satisfaction is the best reward for us!
We are looking forward to meeting you again!

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Small rooms, poor air-conditioning, no wifi in rooms.
For the price paid maybe you can get better rooms.
Very close to Termini station though , just 5 min walk which is a huge advantage for taking the Leonardo express to airport and other local transport. Rooms are well kept as are the bathrooms. Lots of eateries around.
Standard breakfast though the same menu was repeated everyday will look for better options next time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.
We are glad you appreciate our location, breakfast and, most of all, our bathrooms, they have been lately refurbished.
Please note that our rooms can vary in size and position, if you told the reception desk we would certainly provide a new one.
Please, come and visit us again!