“4 star???”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #1,044 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Returned from this hotel yesterday after a 3 night stay. A 4 star hotel that gives you polystyrene cups to drink your coffee from? Just 2 sachets of coffee and 2 teabags on the tray with 2 little milks. Not good enough.
Don't get me started on breakfast, if we. Old have, we would have happily paid for it outside. The toaster wasn't working and we were told that it would be fixed....not. Okay, they had eggs and bacon etc but it was all cold, if you've ever eaten a cold rubbery fried egg, you'll know what I mean. Nobody ever can to replenish and one morning the juice was empty and was never filled. I'm sure the food, including the "hot" stuff was put out by the night porter.
We had a room on the ground floor which had no windows to the outside, I opened it to see the corridor where the maids liked to have a chat.
Wi fi only available in the bar area.
I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Avoid room 15 if you want to look outside.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelEuropaRoma, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Guest,

we are very sorry to read your stay was not as expected. Let us just reply on few things: er are very proud of our breakfast, food is cooked in the morning and it is kept warm on the chafing dish. In the rooms we provide a kattle with tea bags, coffee ect, you can always ask for more.
We thank you anyway for your suggestions.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Just checked out of Hotel Europa and got to say it was not what I expected for a 4 star hotel.

The good:
Great location to the main train station. 5 minute walk at most.

The bad:
WiFi does not work in the rooms. Both their website and expedia claim that there in wifi in the rooms. Wrong.

You have no control over the thermostat. Even though it is in the room, and you can change it, no luck.

The ugly:
I stayed in 2 seperate ones. The first one was the cheapest booking they had online. The second booking with an upgrade, another 20 euros a night or so. Upon check in, front desk wanted to put me in the cheap room for all my nights. When I said no and that I would be checking out and back in again to get my nicer room the next morning, they were less than impressed. The cheap room was gross. Bathroom was not clean and toilet seat had fair amount of urine on it. Rather than complain to the front desk, I ignored it.

Next morning i checked out and back into my other booking. Must bigger room. Bathroom still gross. Other people's hair in the shower. Urine on the wall by the toilet. Not impressed.

Checked out this morning to find that on top of the hotel tax, which is fine, they attempted to charge me almost 20 euros for the mini bar. I never even touched the mini bar and to boot, it was empty. I told the front desk that that was impossible as it hadn't touched it, it was empty and for 3 days I had the do not disturbe sign on the door. After 10 minutes of arguing with me, he gave up. I feel like he was trying to pocket a little extra. Not cool. Would not recommend and will not stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing trip to Italy. I was not familiar with this country at all, in fact it was my very first time in Europe. The hotel was small and not very impressive but it was clean and the front desk personnel were outstanding! Bruno was always pleasant and helpful. There were some other beautiful ladies who worked the front desk as well that made my stay warm and enjoyable! I may not pick this hotel again only due to the location, I think I will try the hotels that's closer to the Spanish Steps. Overall very enjoyable and amazing sites!

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Decent enough hotel for what you need in a city break. Decent sized room that was clean. We didn't eat at the hotel as you are missing out not exploring Rome for places to eat.
We had a room with beds that offered a messaging feature which, as kinky as they sound, serve no real purpose. But they didn't charge us any more, so no point to complain about it.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
HotelEuropaRoma, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Sean,

thank you for your time in reviewing your stay at Hotel Europa and thank you for your kind words.
Please come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Just back from a 5 day sight seeing trip to Rome, Stayed in the hotel Europa half board, the staff were warm , welcoming and helpful from the moment of arrival till departure, rooms are clean, WiFi not good in rooms or the restaurant but perfect in reception and bar/TV area, train and bus station 5 minute walk to all major attraction, or roughly 20 minute walk to Colosseum/Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, would advise that if attending any attractions i.e The Vatican, Colosseum go with a tour guide or you can stand in line to gain entry for up to 3 hours

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear Julie,

thank you for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate our restaurant and service!
Your satisfaction is the best reward for us!
We are looking forward to meeting you again!