All reviews bit dated sight seeing nuova aqueducts bus airport europe
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The building is nice itself, the room and the bed quite consistent.
It’s a good average for Rome.
I was non very happy for the breakfast, a part from the good coffee all the food and environment it’s old style and dusty

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Hotel was very good value for Europe.
Staff was great and food at the restaurant was pretty good.

Only issue was location. It's out of the Aurelian walls so taxi from airport isn't fixed fare.
Taxis to and from the city will run you nearly 50 euros round-trip.

On the other hand, you are minutes away from the Aqueducts, and this great local restaurant!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated a bit of distance from the centre, however we knew this before we booked. The City can be reached relatively easily by bus then the metro...perhaps a 30 min journey from the hotel. Staff are excellent and very friendly and professional...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2017

We got this hotel at a good rate, it was good. The service was good and friendly. Staff helpful, we were only staying 3 nights in order to see the sights in Rome which we curly did.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and it was fine.

Enjoyable stay but being in Rome helped make this hotel appear better than it was I think

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2017

My experience at the Appia Park Hotel has been rather negative. I check-in with my family in the large 4 beds room I booked and realize that the bathroom is unpractical due to low sloping ceilings (I’m almost 2m tall and can barely stand in the middle of the bathroom – without shower). I immediately ask for an alternative and the desk manager offers us to split in 2 adjacent double rooms causing no little discomfort in keeping the family together. Only two days later I’m prompted by another desk manager that I should pay a daily extra due to the fact that we occupy 2 rooms instead of 1. The difference amounts to 80% of the daily rate I (pre)payed for my booking, almost doubling the costs of my 4 nights staying. When I object that no one ever informed me about the extra, the manager doubted my good faith and cut short suggesting that I should have assumed a difference in price. Even though the staff appeared to be friendly and smiley, in reality their attitude proved to be deceptive and unwilling to compromise even a sharing of responsibility for a miscommunication accident that they clearly caused.
With the intervention of the broker (Hotels.com) I managed to win a frugal reduction of the financial loss for the 2 nights I had already spent having the family in 2 separate double rooms and agreed to finish the planned staying in Rome negotiating my head with the low ceilings of the 4 bedroom initially booked.
Overall, the customer service demonstrated to be ways below the standards one would expect in a hotel that claims a four star rank. Moreover, perhaps because already tinted by the unfortunate accident I described, neither the rest of the experience helped the hotel recovering any ground in my consideration: the rooms (we tried 3 after all!) are in dire need of renovation and the overall decay of the structure is evident in the details and the smells that pictures can’t show.
Although the vicinity of a very nice archaeological park (Villa dei Quintili), the green spaces around the hotel, the free parking and wi-fi could be counted as a positive notes, the overall value for money for this structure remains low and forever compromised by the poor customer care demonstrated.
Never again.