“Great bar, Great terrace, Great service! ”
Review of Portofino Caffe

Portofino Caffe
Ranked #128 of 862 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prati
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to sit down and have something to drink or eat! Has a huge and comfortable terrace, great ice cream, great service and lots of free entrees! I definitely recommend it!

PortofinoCaffe, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Portofino Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear mlaviola, thank you for your review :) We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Been here a couple of time, both for ice cream and aperitivo. The service was always excellent even during rush hours. Inside you can order ice cream to go or you can take a seat outside (covered so rainy days aren't an excuse to stay away!) and order from the menu.

They serve cocktails, coffees (delicious cappuccino) ice lunch, cream desserts (the lasagna was very tasty and enormous) and of course the famous aperitivo's.

I can recommended to go here for an aperitivo (+ice cream) and enjoy the happy hour that comes with it; a plate filled wit delicious snacks for free. You pay for the aperitivo (I had a orange juice with prosecco) €9, worth it!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Great ice cream and happy hour time for apperitivo. The service was superb even in rush hours. Outstanding!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We called in here one evening for Aperitif time.
I had an Aperol Spritz and my husband had a beer. This was accompanied by three small bowls of nuts, a plate of sandwiches, pastries and cheese, plus a small portion of spinach lasagne.
We had heard the nibbles were generous but did not expect as much. We munched our way through most of it.
My husband said we should get an ice cream to finish off as they looked so good (not cheap, 9 euro, but big enough to share!!). We ordered our ice cream and another drink. When it arrived we also got another plate of nibbles !!! Unfortunately we were unable to finish this plate too !
You must call in, but go in hungry !!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I visited this bar every evening of my recent stay in Rome. The waiting staff are all efficient, friendly and respond quickly to your orders. There is seating outside with outdoor heating. With each drink you order you are also provided with a selection of nuts, pastas and antipasti. You may also get to sample tiramisu if you are lucky. The food is all complimentary which is really amazing. The waiting staff really look out for you and the wine is good too. I could sit there all evening and not get bored. Highly recommended!