All reviews parliament building italian parliament rooftop terrace trevi fountain great location spanish steps police presence central location within walking distance travel agent heart of rome via del corso noisy at night walked everywhere street noise tourist sites around the corner
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Very good location and near to many restaurants at night, and quite nighttime.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Stayed here for a few days with my mother. Wonderful location, close to "everything". Nice room with spacious bathroom. Breakfast at the terrace was delightful. Friendly staff. I'll definately stay there again next time I go to Rome!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2010

This hotel is in a great location and it's also a pretty decent hotel. I travelled with on my own, with my two children aged 12 and 13. My son went to the front desk and asked the man on the front desk if he could do something about the air conditioning in the bedroom, which was very noisy. The clerk was very rude to my son. When I asked him not to speak to him in that manner, he went ballistic, raved and shouted for about five minutes. The next minute he saw me and had another go! The other staff were fine, but this guy is a lunatic. I actually didn't get a word in edgeways. Very unstable sort of guy. But I'd stay in the hotel again, it was fine although like many hotels in Europe, very expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The location was its USP...5 minutes to Trevi/Nuvano fountains and 10-15 minutes walk to Colosseum and vatican city...great great location...room was small for the price we paid but then Rome hotels are expensive...the service was okay...i liked the roman style window very nice...otherwise best for travellers not looking to explore Rome on foot...bed was double bed so had the best sleep in Italy as all other hotels even 5 star have only twin beds...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Rome is not a cheap place - either to stay in or to eat in, but it is well worth the money!
This was our second visit but this time our 18 yr. old son was coming too which complicated the search for a hotel, as we needed a triple room. Many hotels claim triple rooms but they turn out to be tiny twins with an extra bed pushed in. We were recommended Colonna and trawled the sites for the best deal. Like most Rome hotels it looks old and delapidated from the outside and is traditional inside. Francesco on the front desk was welcoming and extremely helpful, as was the case with most of the staff. Our room on the 2nd floor was lovely - plenty of storage space in a hallway, a huge bed plus an extra for our son. We had 3 floorlength windows, one of which opened right onto Parliament Square and two on a side street, and THIS is the real benefit ot the hotel - bang in the middle of one of the world's loveliest cities.
Breakfast on the terrace was delighful even though it was the usual Italian version. One day we bought lunch from Spar ( just a couple of streets away at The Pantheon ) and ate it up here. As the rooftop is only used for breakfast the staff have no problem with this. We also went up at night with a bottle of wine and watched Rome go to bed. On the terrace there is a little plunge pool but it gets terribly dirty from all the birds who drop feathers and bread.
The maids kept the room well with fresh linens, towels and toiletries.
All in all a delightful stay which we all loved.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family