All reviews parliament building italian parliament rooftop terrace trevi fountain great location spanish steps police presence central location within walking distance travel agent heart of rome via del corso noisy at night walked everywhere street noise tourist sites around the corner
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed there one week ago, in the middle of October. The hotel is adequate, in a great location close to everything. We had an important issue that needed resolving, and the manager, Ettore, was awesome at resolving it. He went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. I want to thank him for his great customer service that allowed us to have an awesome Rome experience!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

we stayed in the beginning of summer, they are reluctant to turn on the A/C, I believe they wait until late July. beautiful , clean room with large French style windows, breakfast on the roof garden, nice bar with a great bartender. only con- across from Parliament, demonstrators can be a noisy pain in the neck......

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a nice hotel in a great location but our room was not up to standard. The carpet was stained and felt crunchy under our feet, the window leaked badly when it rained, and the bed was very uncomfortable. You could feel the springs in the mattress. This is a bit of a pity because the hotel was very nice and the service was good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 5 October 2017

From time to time I stay overnight in this hotel in the very centre of Rome, facing the House of Parliamemt (Palazzo Montecitorio), usually on business trips. Since the square in front of the hotel is closed to traffic for security measures, the hotel is very quiet. Another asset is the terrace on top, from where one can enjoy a grand view of Rome while having breakfast. Rooms are large and tidy and there are nice lounges at the ground floor with a bar. The whole building is very much "old style" (and so are the elevators). Staff are kind and cooperative. Overall a comfortable location although a bit expensive.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank michele359
Reviewed 5 October 2017

First I want to say there were 4 traveling. We reserve two rooms, the room pictured is the double room my husband and I shared, right down the hall from his mother and her friend that shared a room with two single beds. We were there 9 nights.

We loved the location of this establishment! Within walking distance to many of the main sights (especially if you are in good health). We did not mind the security that comes along with the hotel sharing the piazza with Parliament, as we felt safe at all times.

The rooms were clean, especially given that you can tell it was an older hotel, older decor, but we were in Rome and understand that most places will be dated. This was not an issue for us as the rooms were clean and location was great. A plus is we had GREAT water pressure in the shower!

The staff: most of the staff were polite and accommodating. There were two different bartenders one of which was great, helpful, jovial, and all around pleasant to be around. The other gentleman was just downright rude. My mother in law had had knee surgery about 7 weeks before vacation and was not healing properly, we brought fillable icepacks with us so she can ice her knee 1 - 2 times a day as needed. We asked for ice, ice bag in hand and were given the run around the first night, the second night the nice bartender was there and had no issue giving us ice for her knee. Every day it was a gamble as to who would be there. When the RUDE bartender was there he would walk away from my husband and make him wait, essentially making my mother in law wait in her room without relief. He would also just give a few cubes like they were made of gold. I was in need of ice for a neck injury, but never asked for my bag to be filled as it was a major issue here. Let me say, when we asked for ice, we were always polite as we hate being around rude people ourselves.

Breakfast: Breakfast was average. scrambled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, breads, yogurt, and cereals were available. The coffee was decent and you can ask for a cappuccino as well. All staff at breakfast were pleasant and very helpful! Enjoy the rooftop view!

OVERALL a great hotel with one bad apple to put a sour note on the experience. We would highly recommend this establishment especially if you do not need ice for any medical reasons.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple