“Do not leave electronic equipment in your room”

Colonna Palace Hotel
Ranked #439 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I did stay together with all my family at the colonna Palace in Rome and unfortunately my Tablet Samsung Galaxy tab got missing from my room. I know exactly where I placed it in my bag which I left in my room during my last day of stay and did not find it on my return. I reported the matter to the hotel staff and even sent a letter to the hotel without even receiving an acknowledgement. Unfortunately the pictures that I had with my family in Rome and previously saved pictures - these memories are all lost.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Colonna6

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed at the Colonna Palace for 4 nights. The best thing about the hotel is it's location - a close walk to many of Rome's wonderful attractions. Aside from that we found our stay to be of average quality: our room was comfortable and relatively clean but tired and in need of a refresh; most of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly though we had a couple of experiences with one particular front desk person who was extremely rude.

One other thing..... there were political protests going on around the hotel (as it is located opposite parliament house) so access to the hotel was restricted at times via certain entry points and the police were camped out by our window so we couldn't sleep with the window open. Obviously these issues were no fault of the hotel, but still something to bear in mind.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was our first stop on our two week honeymoon in italy. When booking we upgraded the room and glad we did, the room was plenty spacious. Front desk and all staff were very friendly and helpful-- restaurant reservations and museum reservations. Breakfast was really good and plentiful selection. The roof terrace was beautiful, great view of Rome. The hotel was steps from the Pantheon. We actually walked to all major sites- never getting on the subway, vatican was about 30 min walk and colusseum a 20min walk, trevi about 10min and spanish steps about 15. We thought it was the best way to see the whole city. Highly recommend getting gelato at GIOLITTI- best we had in italy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

we stay at the colona palace every year and will keep doing so.
its major advantages are, first and foremost, the excellent location as well as the beautiful rooftop terrace where breakfast is served. there's also a nice little lounge area on the roof with a Jacuzzi. what i like best is that the rooftop terrace stays open all the time and we love going up there with drinks and food to watch the sunset with its beautiful colors over rome.
this was the first time we asked to change rooms just because we got a room that was quite small so we were moved to room 138 which was large and very beautiful. it isn't facing piazza but the street behind the hotel, but that was no problem at all, especially for us since we're regulars there. the only thing i thought was missing in the room is a full length mirror.
i especially want to point out the excellent service from all the staff.
a special Grazie Mille to Francesco from Noa and Rona Zelivansky from Tel-Aviv. see you next year! :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rona_z
Reviewed 8 August 2011

At the end of our Mediterranean cruise, our group of 7 adults and 2 children decided to stay in Rome for 4 nights. After reading about several hotels in Rome and all the reviews about Colonna Palace Hotel, we chose this one for its location, and absolutely did not regret it! We booked 4 rooms, three doubles and one triple. The rooms were clean and of decent size. The beds were firm and comfortable and relatively large in size compared to the average European hotel bed; I just wished I brought my own pillow; the hotel's were quite thin! The remodeled bathrooms were clean and the shower was excellent - the water felt like a pwerful cascade on your body! What surprised me and impressed me the most is the fact that they changed the bed sheets daily! All the reviews on this hotel mentioned about the beautiful view from the breakfast terrace - and it is absolutely true! The view is amazing and the quality of the continental breakfast is pretty good. They provide regular coffee, but if you would like a more gourmet one, like a capuccino, all you need to do is ask for it. :-) This hotel is centrally located, and we easily walked to the Spanish steps (10 minutes), Trevi Fountain (4 minutes), Navona Plaza (10 min.) and Colosseum (20 min. max). Less than 2 short blocks away, there are many restaurants and outdoor cafes to choose from. We tried a different one every day. The one restaurant I do NOT recommend is Antica Trattoia da Pietro al Pantheon dal 1842. They charged us 13.50 euro for bread and olive oil/vinegar (1.50 euro per person)! I know bread is not free like in the USA; to charge per basket is undertandable, but, to charge per person is what I found to be outrageous! They gave us only 2 small baskets and not all bread was consumed. I didn't make a big stink at the restaurant but wanted to make sure to mention about this in this review to warn potential "victims." Regarding maps, there's no need to purchase one before going to Rome. The hotel can give you a complimentary one which is very detailed. Would I stay in this hotel again? Yes! You can't beat its central location; the service is good; and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the plaza and not the back street; it would be less noisy at night.