“Priscilla, Queen of Rome!!”
Review of Priscilla Hotel

Priscilla Hotel
Ranked #1,060 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This was my first visit to Rome and I really had no idea of where exactly to stay. Priscilla turned out to be an excellent choice.
The room I was in was small but reasonable for a a single traveller but best of all it was very clean and kept this way for the entirety of my stay there. The staff were friendly and helpful considering my very limited English. In terms of location I walked a lot of places from here and it was close to buses to the Termini so therefore easy to get on the metro.
The breakfast in the restaurant was nice and simple, but plenty to start the day. I had dinner from the restaurant a few times and it was quick and tasty. The wi if was a bit on and off but generally they fixed it au quickly.
Would definitely come and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Nancy_W_77

Reviewed 27 November 2011

On a busy street, the Priscilla is a clean and updated 3 star property. We found the desk staff helpful and everyone very nice. Location was very good for us. Some very good close restaurants and bus access. First stay we had older rooms on first level, which were comfortable and basic with noise from the street when windows were open. On our second stay new rooms on 2nd lever were open and brand new. While still basic, everything was fresh and new. Not quite as noisy as lower level, but required use of stairs due to single slow elevator. They held our bags while we travelled and had them waiting in our rooms upon return. We enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: street rooms have noise, can't vouch for interior rooms. Open windows made it very comfortable...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank drkjdr
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Our flight from the US arrived in Rome around 7:30 am. By the time we passed through customs, and traffic getting to the hotel, it was around 9-10am. Although our room was not ready, we were able to leave our bags in the lobby and were encouraged to explore the city. Check in was very friendly and the man at the reception desk was very friendly and gave us a map of the city.
When we arrived back to the hotel at 11:30, he informed us that our room was ready. Our room was on the same floor as the lobby. I thought it was large for European standards! The bathroom was standard, sink, toliet, and a stand up single stall shower. Our room had a tv, we did not turn it on even once, we were in Rome on our honeymoon! The bed was hard as a rock, but again, I think this is a Eurpoean thing, wasn't concerned. We purchased the wifi for the week at a flat 5 Euros. The wifi didn't work in our room, but we did have a very strong signal right outside our door, so I sat on the bench right outside our room most mornings while my husband was getting ready and sent e-mails home.
The housekeeping always did a fine job, we had no difficulties with them. The front desk staff was great, there was the man who checked us in the first day, a lady and an older gentleman. We had no problems with any of them except the older gentleman on the last day who gave me problems when trying to settle up on our final bill. We owed a total of 25 Euros, 5 from the wifi, and then the 2 Euro fee per person per day for 5 nights = 25Euros. They had the Visa logo posted right on their front desk, however he tried to tell me they didn't accept Visa, just cash. At that point, we only had enough Euros to tip the driver taking us to the airport, so it was the Visa or US Dollars. Finally, once my husband came into the reception area he backed down and took our Visa.
The other 2 reception staff members were always very helpful helping us with which bus routes to take, and where to buy bus passes. Their English was very good as well.
Rome seemed very big looking on the map, but once we were there walking around for a few days, we realized that it isn't too large, and most things are within walking distance as long as you have the time. We walked to the Spanish Steps, Trevi, Down to the Victor Emanuelle Monument (the wedding cake), Piazza Navona as well as Piazza del Popolo.
The restaurant connected to the hotel was AMAZING! Truely the best food we'd ever tasted, and a great welcome on our first night in Rome. Unfortunatley, when we went to pay and tried using our Visa, we were given a hard time there as well, and ultimately ended up using 90 of the 130 Euros that we had budgeted for the whole trip since they wouldn't take the Visa.
Knowing now what we didn't know then, we'd bring more cash, and not plan on using our Visa. We figured the Visa would be a better option as it is quick, and Visa woud take care of the exchange rate.

Room Tip: I would guess that the closer you are to the reception area, the better the wifi signal.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Asheysmommy2005
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights (my third time staying here). We stay here when we visit Rome as the location is great in a very good safe area of the city, and only a few minutes walk to the trevi fountain and hard Rock Cafe!! Staff are very helpful and their English is great. Its a 3 star hotel and to me, it lives up to the Standard of a 3 Star Roman Hotel. Ok the walls may need a lick of paint but i think the whole of Rome in general needs a major lick of paint!!! I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was a little sceptical about arriving at this hotel after reading the reviews on here. However, I found the hotel to be charming. The reception staff were very friendly and perfect English which helped, as my Italian is less than poor!

I was travelling with friends, and I had been allocated a single room. We had to laugh when I opened the door, as my room was really, really small with a single bed and bathroom. I found it comfortable enough for what I needed, as I was only there to sleep and shower.

The walls have been decorated, but the main problem I noticed with the so called dirty walls, was that I could see where people had put dirty suitcases on the beds, and then rested them against the walls, so not really the managements fault.

The rest of the room was clean, with a small fridge. The view overlooked a residential courtyard and had very little natural light.

We had breakfast included in our package, which consisted of tea/coffee, cereals, juices, croissants, bread, ham and cheese. Which was enough for us. The lady who is in charge of the breakfast room was really nice, and welcoming and made a fuss of the child in our group.

The hotel is conveniently located, a Conad supermarket is 5 - 10 min walk away, and the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain about 15 min walk away.

We booked tickets on the Roma Cristiana hop on/off bus tour. 21euro for 48 hours and free for children. This tour stopped at all of the main attractions, and in my opinion the best way to see the city. Rome itself is a fascinating city, with lots to do and see. However, it is very expensive to eat and drink. We went to Piazza Navona, which is a lovely square, but very touristy, hence the prices. We shared a ham and cheese pizza, and had a bottle of water, and I had a 2 pint glass of beer, and it came to just under 50euros. Needless to say, it was the most sober I have been on a holiday.

I would certainly go back to Hotel Priscilla. All in all, a friendly family run hotel, in a handy location. I look forward to going again in a few years.

Room Tip: Dont book a single!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends