1,517 results
All reviews mirabelle restaurant via veneto borghese gardens spanish steps beautiful hotel junior suite seventh floor breakfast room sister hotel marble bathroom five star hotel st peters highly recommend this hotel trevi fountain around the corner quiet street small hotel
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Medium size charming hotel Nr the centre of bath. 10 minute walk from the famous Spanish Steps. Decoration of old world elegant a , roomy marble bathrooms with long baths and bath robes plus Etro bath products. lavish window treatments and panel walls. But best of all the tree top restaurant giving spectacular views. Attentive handsome staff too. Very romantic !!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brandon1968
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Rather than being treated as a guest and receiving hospitality, the staff made you feel as if you were in custody of the authorities. Misinformation regarding the inclusion of breakfast was poorly handled. Another guest reported the same. Heavy handed enforcement of a 35 euro charge in the context of a 1200 euro bill, even though the mistake was on their end. The decor is overdone. Lacks the refinement and sophistication of many other hotels in Rome, but the views are attractive. Housekeeping was good.

4  Thank jwt659
Reviewed 1 November 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a total of 6 nights in stints of 3 nights each (we went to Naples for one night in between). I chose the Suite With Terrace. We got rooms 519 and 521 during our stays. 519 was larger both in the room itself as well as the Terrace (pictures are from this room). Both were spacious, however, and very well appointed.

Note that only the Presidential Suite and the Villa Borghese Suite overlook the Villa Borghese Gardens despite the pictures of the hotel’s website.

The hotel is part of the SLH chain and as such is a charming boutique hotel. The front desk was great at making reservations, storing our luggage while we were in Naples and arranging taxis etc during out stay.

The location is excellent (15 minute walk to the Spanish Steps, 3 minutes to Harry’s Bar) and having the park next door is a real plus. It’s important to bring the hotel address with you as most Taxi’s didn’t seem to know the name of the hotel.

We had drinks at the Mirabelle bar which has a fantastic view. Pricey, but well worth doing once. We also had breakfast included during our stay and the selection was large and extremely good and the breakfast room had wonderful views of the Borghese Gardens.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Suite With Terrace is great to sit outside and have a glass of wine
Reviewed 31 October 2014

Just spent 4 nights in this superb hotel. The decor is typically Italian - ornate and elaborate - the foyer and all the reception rooms are very beautiful. Our bedroom on the first floor, with lots of space and views of the Borghese Gardens, was beautifully decorated and the attention to detail by the housekeeping staff was excellent. Breakfast was served in a bright and airy glass, framed room with panoramic views of the Eternal City. The menu was extensive and the staff attentive. However if the breakfast room was magnificent, then brace yourself for the Mirabelle Restaurant on the next floor - AMAZING!!! The views of Rome by night are incredible and the staff were so attentive that I don't think I have ever been looked after so well... and then there is the food...unbelievable, magnificent, delicious, stunning, etc etc. We chose to eat from the chef's tasting menu and we were not disappointed. I think I found tastebuds I didn't know I had! The downside is that it was very expensive but as a treat it was worth it and we will always remember that special evening. This hotel is also perfectly positioned for sightseeing - we walked to the Spanish Steps and the wonderful Keat's Museum, did some shopping in the fabulous Via Condotti, and jumped on the city touring bus all within a few minutes of this hotel. Another little tip is to book the hotel limo to collect you from the airport, it's another extra which makes your trip start with real elegance and luxury.

Room Tip: Email the concierge in advance and maybe book the limo to collect you from the airport and make sure to tell them if you are celebrating a special anniversary etc.
Reviewed 30 October 2014

My husband researched Rome hotels quite thoroughly before deciding on Hotel Splendide Royal. We stayed there for 3 nights, went away for one night and came back for 3 more nights.

I could not possibly find a fault with anything at this hotel. I noticed some reviewers found the service to be cold, however I found it exceptional. It was the type of service where they were never always seen but everything just got taken care of.

All of the reservations we requested were very well taken care of. When I had trouble calling an overseas phone number it was taken care of for me right away. Any directions, suggestions, issues, everything was handled exceptionally.

They have a sister hotel, Parco dei Principi Grand Hotel & SPA, across the park (10 minute walk) which allows you to use their magnificent pool and gym. It was very nice, but as a note if you decide to use it there is no water, bring your own. The pool gives you one towel, bring your own and the gym no towels or water, bring your own.
The location is perfect. A two minute walk to the breathtaking Villa Borghese park, where I ran every morning. About a 10 minute walk to the Spanish Steps and a short cab ride to everything. The doormen were always happy to call taxis.
The breakfast was lovely with anything you could want, great service and a lovely view in the breakfast room.
The amenities at the hotel room are Etro. We had a suite with a beautiful balcony, fully outfitted with chairs and tables. The bed was really superb and the room was large and comfortable.There was a lovely basket waiting for us on both of our check ins.
Another area of note in this hotel is the artwork, specifically in the lobby. It is quite amazing and they have an excellent collection.
When I am back in beautiful Rome I will never consider staying at another hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a suite but I am sure all rooms are wonderful.