1,517 results
All reviews mirabelle restaurant via veneto borghese gardens spanish steps beautiful hotel junior suite seventh floor breakfast room sister hotel marble bathroom five star hotel st peters highly recommend this hotel trevi fountain around the corner quiet street small hotel
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Med cruise. After much research I chose this hotel due to affiliation with SLH (usually a good sign for a hotel), the location, style and price. It was absolutely perfect. The staff were fantastic, as other reviewers have said, far exceeded my expectations, they were so helpful and ready to assist with everything. Made my mother and I feel really comfortable and welcome.

The decor is very lovely and the location opposite the Borghese gardens is just delightful. Fantastic spot for a pre-dinner cocktail on the Mirabelle terrace overlooking the city of Rome and the Vatican...just stunning. Location is good for access around the city and compared to other hotels, it was worth the money.

One tiny irritation was the fact there was just one single electrical socket in the room, which I had to crawl under a desk to reach to plug my various eletrical items in and out. But the rest of the hotel and stay more than compensated for this.

There is no doubt I would return to this hotel on my next Rome trip and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a courtyard / inner room - as long as you don't want a view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Geraldine K
Guest relations S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much indeed for your detailed review on our hotel. We truly work very hard to provide the best service, details and attention in order to allow our guests to experience Rome at his best.

Sorry for the small inconvenience of the outlet in the wall and many thanks for letting us know, we really need remarks like this to get better and better everyday.

Looking forward to have you back to the Eternal City and the Splendide Royal for another vacation.

Kindest regards

Jonathan Zedda

Guest relations department

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed here for a business meeting and the service at this hotel is outstanding. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure you are happy and comfortable.

Especially nice is the location to walk to so many sights and shopping areas.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ROIofLife

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment! it is our aim and goal to provide the best service we can to our guests, our staff works very hard on that. Thank you for your kindness and we are looking forward to have you back for a vacation.

Kindest regards

Jonathan Zedda

guest relations department

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The rooms at the Splendide Royal are delightful, the service is excellent, and the location is perfect for the traveler in town for business or pleasure. The hotel restaurant combines outstanding food, with a Michelin star, and a breathtaking view of the city. It is our repeated address in Rome.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Lovely hotel, arrived early from a long flight from Australia and they let me check in early, staff very accommodating , room is wonderful, I love the ornate style , it's to my taste when in Rome, very happy with this hotel

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We could not have asked for a more accommodating and gracious staff. Our whole experience at the Hotel Splendide Royal was beyond our expectations. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone that is looking for the most relaxing and pleasurable vacation in Roma.

Room Tip: Our room looked out over the ancient Roman wall, so ask for a room facing the wall. At night it is a spectacular view of St. Peters.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple